On Friday, I shared my list of nursing essentials and all of those items are key to making my life as a nursing mom easier BUT there is one thing that I absolutely could not survive without… especially when and and about…. my Bebe au Lait nursing cover. I have to admit that I was skeptical and thought – what makes one nursing cover better than the other? Aren’t they all created equal? NO. The answer is a very firm NO. Today, we are taking a closer look at what makes Bebe au Lait nursing covers so great and chatting about their brand new line of muslin swaddle blankets. The really great news, we have giveaways of both a nursing cover and a set of swaddle blankets!
My nursing cover came in the beautiful new muslin fashion that Bebe au Lait has just released – perfect for the warming temps but it has severed me well through these frigid Chicago temps.
– Bebe au Lait covers have a patented rigid neckline, called Rigiflex which maintains its shape and not only allows eye contact between mom and baby but allows you to be able to see in order to “position” your babe or help with the latch. You guys, this is key. I tried a few other nursing scarves/covers that did not have this rigid, stay in place neckline and it was sort of a disaster for me. This feature makes nursing in public so much easier and more comfortable. I really can’t say enough great things about the neckline on these covers. The best part is you can scrunch, cram, fold the cover into your diaper bag and the neckline maintains its shape.
– The neck strap is easily adjustable via a D-ring neck strap. A super handy feature that allows you to get the right fit and height of cover.
– Easy care. The Muslin and traditional Bebe au Lait covers are machine washable which is a must because enviably your cover will double as a burp cloth, get dropped and just need a washing.
– Stylish. Bebe au Lait covers are pretty and are a great “mama” accessory. There’s so many great patterns and styles –
– Multi-purpose. The Bebe au Lait covers are sized great for nursing but also double as a sun shade to be draped over a stroller or car seat. I often use my cover as a burp cloth too an in a pinch it can be used a diaper changing pad, blanket for your babe or anything else you can think of.
– Discreet. Bebe au Lait covers make breastfeeding easier and therefore more discreet for those times you may not be able to step somewhere private. For me personally, I am often feeding in very public places. The girls and I go on solo outings quite often so usually I am feeding Margaux and watching Eloise i.e., I can’t leave Eloise alone in her music class to go feed Margaux. Bebe au Lait covers allow me to be covered, easily guide Margaux to latch and sit comfortably while feeding Margaux and supervising Eloise. Other covers or scarves do not allow me this freedom.
I always try to point out some constructive criticism of products I review but there is not a thing I would change with Bebe au Lait covers. They are really close, if not, perfect.
Bottom line, I am a total convert and lover of Bebe au Lait nursing covers. I think a Bebe au Lait cover is key piece to my successful breastfeeding and I absolutely do not leave my house without it. If you are considering breastfeeding I definitely suggesting adding one of these to your baby registry or Mother’s Day wish list!
I mentioned the muslin nursing covers are new as are a fabulous new collection of muslin swaddle blankets. We all know the wonders swaddling works but much like the nursing covers these blankets can multipurpose as so many other things. I have been using them as a soft, smooth play mats. Margaux really loves rolling around on them, gazing at the pretty patterns and snuggling up with them. Few other things, I enjoy about these blankets:
– the super soft and breathable muslin comes in two pretty patterns. We were sent the purple/pink set (there is also a gray/gold color pattern) the designs are simple and chic and just really pretty.
– the swaddles are a great size. Big enough for a secure and snug swaddle but also manageable enough to work as a blanket in a carseat or stroller.
The Bebe au Lait swaddles are another must have for your baby registry. These also make a great gift for a new mom or mom having a second, third, etc child – fresh swaddles are always a welcome gift!
We’ve got TWO great prizes: one lucky winner gets their choice of Muslin nursing cover and another gets their choice of swaddle blankets (both based on availability). The giveaway starts today, April 7th and ends Saturday April 12th at 3pm CST. Winner will be selected at random, contacted via email and have five days to claim their prize before another winner is selected.
We would never accept money for a product review but we were sent a Bebe au Lait nursing cover and set of swaddle blankets for testing as part of this review.