Last week, I wrote a review on the Britax B-Safe 35 infant car seat. Along with the car seat, we were also able to review the companion stroller (the Britax B-Agile 3) that fits together perfectly with the carrier to form a Travel System.
Our personal stroller experience has been relatively limited to double strollers and light-weight single strollers. Still, having had such experience with strollers for twins, I know that there are several priorities and must-haves for strollers for busy on-the-go moms. Overall, I think that the Britax B-Agile does a great job of meeting so much of the criteria for a great middle-of-the-road price point!
- Lightweight aluminum frame (16.5 lbs total weight)
- Reflective binding on harness
- Adjustable seat recline (fluid adjustments)
- Large under-seat storage (can access from back or side of stroller)
- Back-of-seat zipper pocket
- Brake locks both rear wheels
- 1-handed steering, even over bumpy terrain
- Frame designed to prevent kicking or running into it (“stride clearance”)
- Folds easily and relatively flat
- When combined with the carseat, canopies can completely cover Baby to protect from the elements
- Many color options for canopy
- Need 2 hands to recline seat (a little awkward)
- Takes up a bit of room in the car
- Few options for seat color choices (mainly black)
- No adjustable leg position
- Compatible with other major brand carseats (Graco, Chicco, Peg Perego) with Britax’s car seat adapter
- From birth to 55 lbs
- 5-point harness
- Quick fold for storage
- All-wheel suspension for smooth rides
- Two wheels in back and 1 in front
- 15 inch shoulder width, 20 inch seat back height
- Other available accessories (to purchase separately):
- Mosquito net
- Rain cover
- Child tray
- Travel bag
- Adult cup holder
- Foot muff
- Head support pillow
- Stroller organizer
- Fashion inserts (to customize the seat of the stroller)
- By iteself, the Britax B-Agile 3 stroller costs between $216-270. The travel system (including the B-Safe car seat as well) ranges between $336-$420.
Overall, this is an absolutely fantastic stroller for a good price. It is not as lightweight as an umbrella stroller, but it has a great amount of maneuverability, and the fact that it can combine easily with many different infant carseats is definitely an added benefit for the first year.
Do you have a Britax B-Agile? What do you think of it?
We would never accept money for any reviews, although we did receive the Britax B-Safe 35 and Britax B-Agile as a part of this review.