I hope everyone had a great Halloween weekend! A couple months ago we talked about ways to save on baby gear as well as some budget friendly gear finds and it has been a super popular post. Here’s a few budget friendly finds for your nursery. As with our gear post, these items are budget friendly they do NOT compromise on functionality so you know that your money is well spent. What other budget friendly finds can you share with us?
1. DaVinci Jenny Lind Convertible Crib – I mentioned this crib before, calling it one of Margaux’s favorite products but it is one of mine, too. Good cribs don’t have to be expensive and this is a perfect example. It is sturdy and well made while still being stylish. Another great bargain crib option is the Ikea Gulliver, a favorite of our editor, Mallory. A few more suggestions for great cribs under $500 – an option for all tastes!
2. Burt’s Bee’s changing pad – This is the latest addition to Margaux’s nursery. I thought it was too good to be true – $9.99 for a changing pad cover? But it is AMAZING! Super soft and stretchy and easy to get on the changing pad. I loved it so much I ordered a back up. There are a few other patterns and this is a huge savings over many others that are $30-40+.
3. Playtex Diaper Genie Elite – Diaper disposal is a necessity. Even non smelly diapers get smelly after a few days which make using your normal garbage can a little tricky (unless you empty it everyday). We are big fans of the Diaper Genie Elite and at just over $30 it is budget friendly compared to some of the more expensive options. It does require its specific refills but the cost has come down over the last year or so making them more budget friendly. Of course, another option is just an average trash can with trash bags but even then the Genie Elite is still a bargain.
4. Summer Infant Changing Pad – Are all changing pads created equal? No. Some have memory foam, are organic but do you need to have the $125 one? Absolutely not! You don’t want a decent one though as this will be a very much used piece of gear. This one from Summer Infant is a great combination of budget friendly + functional.
5. Target Crib Sheets – Crib sheets can be really pricey but Target carries several great lines of crib sheets that are stylish, soft and durable. The ones pictured here are Circo but they have lots of others under $15 allowing you to find one to match your tastes. We recommend registering for a 2-3 crib sheets and these are a great price point for stocking up. Again, you are saving but not compromising style or function.
6. Sealy Soybean Foam-Core Crib Mattress – Crib Mattresses can be expensive! And certainly hard to decide which one is best – there are lots of choices. Our crib mattress buying guide touches on some features to look for as well as some of our favorites but we love this Sealy Soy Bean mattress and have been using it for 2+ years for Eloise. It is firm but lightweight, making crib sheet changes super easy. Priced around $130, this is a bargain for a quality product that is Greenguard Gold Certified.
Don’t forget to check out our budget friendly baby gear for even more ways to save without compromising!