With Thanksgiving next week and the winter holidays right around the corner, it’s the perfect time to talk about travel high chairs! We thought long and hard about which kind to purchase for our twins, and we ended up getting the CIAO BABY PORTABLE HIGH CHAIRS.
They are basically a mix between tailgate chairs and high chairs, and they are amazing! We have had them for 5 months (since the twins were 7 months old), and we just keep them in my car because of how easy they are to store, use, and travel.
- handy travel case with a great strap, so they are easy to throw over your shoulder
- unfolds and folds up easily
- easy to lock for safety (won’t fold up on the child)
- adjustable lap belt
- lots of great colors (including sports team logos)
- sturdy (won’t topple over)
- plastic-vinyl covered tray for easy cleaning
- has a mesh drink pocket in the tray
One thing that I really want to emphasize is that these do not topple over. This was a big concern of ours, because we have active babies- and two of them! We were worried that their rocking and rolling would cause the chair to tip. It doesn’t! It is a strong little travel companion! Plus, we have loved the comments that we get when we go out. Everyone loves the chairs as much as my family does, and I’m sure I have brought a lot of business to Ciao Baby because of strangers asking about them (if only they had a referral program!).
- difficult to correctly thread Baby’s legs through the lap belt and leg holes when she is really wiggly
- tray is attached to the chair and can sag a bit
- mesh drink pocket won’t hold cups with handles
- spot wash only