When we talk about a travel system we basically mean a stroller and carseat combo that are compatible and in a perfect world, require no adapters (because adapters are usually an added cost). Travel systems come in all shapes and sizes however, a jogging stroller travel system is harder to come by. We have our review (and giveaway!!) of a fabulous jogging stroller travel system – the Graco FastAction Fold Jogger Click Connect Travel System. I am super excited about this travel system as the Graco snugRide35 was the car seat we choose for Eloise and it is an editor favorite around here.
First, lets talk about the first piece of the travel system, the SnugRide35. The SnugRide35 is the most popular infant car seats on the market and for good reason. It is super safe, easy to use, comes in a variety of fashions and is affordable. An in-depth look at the features:
We entrusted The Wise Baby #1 to a Graco SnugRide35 (now called the Graco SnugRide Click Connect) and we were very happy with our purchase however, since our purchase and use the SnugRide has been improved – it is lighter weight, comes in updated fashions and has an enhanced canopy. Our favorite features:
- The “Click Connect” makes it compatible to “click” right in to any Graco base or stroller in the Click Connect family thus making it an interchangeable piece of gear (love). You actually hear the audible “click” knowing your seat is snuggly in the base or stroller.
- The SnugRide is easy to use and easy to get your little one in/out of. The front adjust 5 point harness is super handy and operates very smoothly – which isn’t true of all front adjust harnesses.
- The Click Connect base has a green level indicator and level adjusting dial to ensure the base is installed correctly each time, in any car’s seat.
- Safety. The SnugRide is rigorously tested and meets and in most cases, exceeds U.S. safety standards.
The negatives? We used a SnugRide for over 12 months and one of my issues was the weight of the seat. However, all infant car seats are heavy with a baby in it. If you were carrying the SnugRide35 around empty it is actually quite light – only 7.5 pounds! So I think a fact we need to accept as on the go mama’s is that infant car seats are very conveienent but with that comes a bit of a bicep work out. The other alternative is clicking it in to a sharp jogging stroller and creating a travel system…
Luckily, our friends at Graco agreed and recently released the Graco FastAction Fold Jogger jogging stroller which completes this handy travel system. You guys, this stroller is awesome. And I don’t come out of the gates saying that very often. Here’s an up close look at the features.
So why do I love it so much?
- The fold is so easy. Sure there are other one handed folds out there but this one really is. You simply pull up on the strap and you’re folded. It automatically catches the lock loop on the side and the stroller stands when folded – a feature I love. To unfold, unlock the side loop and pop it open. The easy fold is awesome because it makes this jogging stroller practical for more than just jogging. Meaning it totally makes sense for on the go/in and out/out and about. A truly multifunctional stroller – what is not to love?
- There is ample “amenities” for all parties. For mama’s and papa’s there are two cup holders, a smart phone/mp3 holder which uses a handy adjustable arm to tightly lock just about any model in place, a handy compartment for storage of keys, wallet or any other goods and an ample bottom cargo basket. For the kiddos, the FastAction Jogger comes with a snack tray that includes 2 cup holders and a center area for snacks as well as an ample canopy to shield them from the elements. The canopy has mesh sides for airflow and a view to the world passing by. The top also has a peek-a-boo window for mom or dad to keep an eye on the little one as they go. All of this comes with purchase – super nice.
- The fabric is cool and comfortable and the adjustable 5 point harness that converts to a 3 point harness for older children. And since this stroller can be used for children up to 50 pounds the conversion to 3 point harness is a nice feature.
- The FastAction is a jogging stroller and it is a great one. The rubber air filled tires are nicely sized to ensure a smooth ride even over rough terrain. Tyler took Eloise jogging in the sloppy Chicago snow and had to run through some choppy/slushy snow as well as pretty large puddles and had no issue. It glides smoothly over bumpy sidewalks and gravel jogging trails. The front wheel locks for added stability which is pretty much a necessity for when you are actually jogging – also great for rougher terrain.
- Locking the front wheel increases stability but diminishes maneuverability. That being said, when the front wheel is unlocked this stroller is super easy to maneuver. I took it out and about with me to the grocery store and other errands and found it as easy to use as a more typical full size stroller (the Bugaboo Donkey).
- The FastAction accepts the SnugRide35 with one simple click creating that snazzy travel system we mentioned. The car seat actually clicks to the child snack tray and is easy to get in/out of the stroller.
The downside of the FactAction Jogger? Obviously I am a big fan. One compliant is that a fairly average height lady (5’7″-sih) I found this stroller to be tall. I wouldn’t say this was an impediment to my use of the stroller but it took some getting used to and I felt a little small behind the stroller. However, the maneuverability and manageable weight of the stroller (for lifting into the car) make this pretty much a non issue. On the other hand, Tyler (5’10”) really liked the height and feel of the stroller. Overall this FastAction fold is a larger stroller (as are most joggers). So this isn’t the stroller for small cars or tight urban spaces BUT for a jogging stroller the FastAction is a very manageable and practical size and certainly suitable for everyday use.
Bottom line, the FastAction Jogger is a great, affordable, multi-functional stroller option. Not only does it function very well as a jogging stroller but also an everyday stroller and travel system with the addition of the well loved Click Connect, SnugRide35. We want one of you to have your very own FastAction Jogger + SnugRide35 travel system so we are giving one away! The giveaway starts today, February 24th and ends March 1st at 3pm CST. Winner will be chosen at random, contacted via email and have five days to claim their prize before another winner is selected. Good luck!
We would never accept money for a product review but we were sent a Graco SnugRide35 and FastAction Jogger jogging stroller testing as part of this review. All of the opinions expressed herein are that of The Wise Baby.