I’m luckily married to the worlds best cook! My husband loves to cook and Harrison and I reaped the benefits… That is, until he had to start traveling for work. When I would tell friends about our new arrangements, everyone unanimously responded, “What are you going to eat??” Up until a couple of months ago, I had never cooked a protein… As you can imagine, there have been a couple of cooking incidents. The iDevices Kitchen Thermometer, Mini has been the solution to my and Harrison’s kitchen nightmares! I had gifted the iGrill to my husband in the past and was really excited to try the compact version for the kitchen. We love iDeivces in this house and here’s why:
The Kitchen Thermometer Mini is a Bluetooth cooking thermometer that will tell you when your food has reached the ideal temperature. This is perfect for a busy mama and especially for a new cook! It’s super easy to use. It took me less than 5 minutes to activate the device and download the application. You place the probe in your food: beef, fish, pork, lamb, poultry. Select the cut of meat or the temperature you want (rare, medium, well done). Place in the oven and walk away! Your smart phone will alert you when the food has reached it’s optimal temperature. Magic!
– This product is compatible with iPad Mini, iPad 3 or newer, iPhone 4s and newer, iPod touch 5th gen and newer, now compatible on many Android devices running 4.3+
-150 Hour Battery Life
– 150 Feet of Bluetooth Smart Range
-Retails for $39.99
– Even for an expert chef, cooking with children around is more difficult than competing in America Ninja Warrior. I HATE having to open the oven door to check on food with Harrison running around, it scares me to death. Usually when I cook, I end up having to take the food out multiple times to cut into it and check if it’s cooked all the way through. All while trying to make sure Harrison is distracted as far away from the kitchen as possible. With the iDevices Kitchen Thermometer Mini I only have to take out my food once when it’s perfectly cooked to a safe and yummy temperature!
– You do not need to set a cooking timer! The iDevice will track your cooking progress based on temperature, and light up with different colors based on how close your meat is to being prepared: Start, Getting Close, Almost Done, Done. Your cell phone will alert you when its done! I cannot tell you how many times I have roasted a chicken at 425 for 45 minutes and the different results I have gotten from dry to raw. Frustrated, I always end up calling my husband and asking him if it’s done (because he can obviously tell over the phone!). I am convinced the iDevice is going to save our marriage 🙂 iDevices takes the guess work out of cooking.
– My husband can tell a medium rare steak from a medium well steak just by pressing it… well now I have an App for that. Especially when preparing meat for Harrison, I want to be sure that the temperature of our food is safe for consumption. This used to require me googling cooking times and then opening the oven a dozen times to check the progress. The iDevices Kitchen Thermometer Mini is already preset with the right cooking temperatures and you can even add your own presets for favorite recipes.
I became so frustrated with cooking disasters that Harrison and I resorted to frozen nuggets and carry-out for most of our meals. The iDevices Thermometer Mini really gave me the confidence to try cooking again. Even the most experienced chef can get easily distracted with a baby screaming or a toddler scaling bookshelves. Now, you can just throw dinner in the oven and walk away, your cell phone will alert you when it’s perfectly cooked! Really, how did people parent before smart phones?
And because we thinking cooking shouldn’t be that hard (did you catch our toddler meals post Tuesday?) we are giving away an iDevices Kitchen Thermometer Mini! The giveaway starts today, August 21st and ends Sunday August 24th at 5pm CST. The winner will be chosen at random, contacted via email and have five days to claim their prize before another winner is selected.
We would never accept money for a product review but we were sent an iDevices Kitchen Thermometer Mini for testing as part of this review. All of the opinions expressed here are 100% that of The Wise Baby.