When I was looking for the perfect diaper bag, I struggled with size, fitting it all in, price, and function. With two babies on the way, I knew I needed something large (but not too large), organized (I love pockets in bags), versatile (so that I could use the same bag for many years), and recommended by twin moms.
I started hearing about the Ju Ju Be BFF, and I was interested. Then I went to their website and found all of the patterns they come in. I fell in love!
Now that we are over half a year into using this diaper bag daily, I thought it would be a great chance to review it and say the things that I love (and don’t love) about it.
- Large main compartment that unzips to be almost flat onto tabletop
- 3 zipper interior pockets
- 4 pouch interior pockets
- Picture pockets for identification information or photos
- Insulated exterior bottle pockets (2)
- Outer full-length pocket
- Comes with a matching memory foam changing pad
- Mommy pocket with glasses holder, attached key fob, and additional pockets and pouches
- Additional easy-access cell phone pocket
- Soft cushion for shoulder pads
- Can be a messenger bag or backpack (comes with both sets of straps)
- Crumb drains to easily push messes out
- Structured bottom and feet
- Machine washable, air dry
- Anti-microbial fabric
- Teflon fabric will repel stains
- Light, reflective lining to make it easier to see inside
- Cell phone pocket easily fits a smart phone and case
- Strong hardware that doesn’t break or get stuck
- Ability to wear as a backpack or as a messenger bag
- Easy organization with lots of pockets
- Comfort of wearing this diaper bag
- Lots of bright, fun patterns
- Can purchase additional matching accessories (pouches, bibs, pacifier holders, etc.)
- Adorable details, including stitching and zipper
- Small changing pad
- Mommy Pocket needs to be a bit larger for better access to sunglasses, wallet, and other items
- Would like for interior pockets to be larger
- Difficult to access the exterior full-length pocket (for changing pad) when backpack straps are attached
- Purchase a favorite pattern quickly, as they are constantly changing
- The price ($165)
Overall, we absolutely love this diaper bag! It is large, but not too large. Although we can’t carry absolutely everything we need, that’s a good thing! We have the essentials (and then some) in this bag, and we keep an extra bag in the car when we will be out and about for a while. Still, we can fit just about everything we need in this bag, which is both a blessing and a curse (when you already tend to overpack like me).
Want to see my diaper packing list? You can check it out here. Although it is geared for twins, you can easily adjust the amounts and use the list for one baby.