In the spirit of the season, we are bringing you an awesome *surprise*giveaway today – the Kiinde Twist Feeding Set! While we are still working on our full review and testing of the Kiinde Feeding Set we are taking a quick second to tell you our initial thoughts and of course, gift one to one of you lucky ducks.
If you haven’t come across the Kiinde Feeding system yet it is a completely, utterly awesome new way to feed breast milk to your baby. It eliminates the need to transfer expressed breastmilk from bag/bottle to bottle and back again. The Kiinde eliminates your milk’s exposure to germs and air (which can diminish important nutrients) and it leaves you with only ONE piece of bottle to clean, the nipple. So basically, here’s how it works:
- Pump directly into the Kiinde Twist pouches using the Kiinde adapters which work with almost all major breast pumps (Medela, Ameda, Lansinoh and many more – full list, here).
- Once you are finished pumping, put the leak proof, twist on cap on the pouch. Label the pouch and store in the Kiinde Breastmilk Holder & Organizer which keeps the milk flat and organized in your freezer.
- When you are ready to feed, place the frozen Twist push in the Kiinde warmer which uses a warm bath to safely heat the milk. The warmer is specifically designed to preserve those precious breast milk nutrients and eliminate hot spots.
- Once the milk is warmed, insert the Twist pouch into the bottle. Pop the Kiinde Active Latch nipple on the top of the bottle and you are ready to feed.
- When finished feeding simply clean the nipple (and rinse the bottle if needed) and the put the Twist pouch in the recycle bin.
Genius idea, right? I love, love the idea of Kiinde and can’t wait to try it any day now when Baby K2 arrives. Feeding from the Twist pouch in combination with the Active Latch nipple completes a completely vacuum free feeding system which eliminates gas and discomfort from air bubbles. The Active Latch nipple is thoughtfully designed to make for a seamless transition between breast and bottle and are designed to encourage a natural latch.
All in all, we are SUPER excited that the Kiinde Feeding System has hit the market. It could totally revolutionize the way us breastfeeding mama’s spend our time (i.e., no more bottle pieces, extra pump pieces, etc to clean) and it is a safer and more sanitary way to feed breast milk that helps preserve nutrients. For more great info and to see the Kiinde in action, check out this video.
We are giving away a Kiinde Gift Set which includes ALL of this great stuff:
– 20 Twist Pouches, direct-pump, recyclable breastmilk storage pouches.
– 8 Direct-Pump adapters (compatible with ALL major pump brands).
– 1 Keeper breastmilk storage bag holder.
– 1 Kozii breastmilk warmer and bottle warmer.
– 2 Squeeze natural feeding bottles.
– 2 Slow flow Active Latch™ nipples with cases
– 2 Nipple cleaning brushes
Amazing, right? Happy Holidays and best of luck! Stay tuned for our full, first hand review coming up in the next several weeks. The giveaway starts today, Wednesday December 18th and ends Sunday, December 22nd at 3pm CST. Winner will be chosen at random, contacted via email and five days to claim their prize before another winner is selected.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thanks to Kiinde for bringing this awesome, pop up, giveaway to us!