Choosing a high chair is a really tough decision. At least it was for me. One option instead of a traditional high chair is a booster seat. Just before Margaux was born, I knew I needed another high chair so I went out and purchased the Mamas & Papas Baby Bud Booster. We’ve been using it for both girls for 8+ months so I am excited to share my thoughts on this booster that works from the age of six months and up to three years old – talk about a product that is a worthy investment! Mamas & Papas is throwing in a giveaway of a Baby Bud Booster so yes, Monday just got a whole lot better!
– the Baby Bud Booster connects to your dining chair which saves you serious floor space. Storage wise, it is compact enough to be stowed in a closet should you need to use your chair. Major bonus for those short on space and for those that like the convenience of being able to stow baby gear out of sight easily.
– the Booster is easy to attach to your chair. There is a bottom strap and back strap and each can be easily tightened for a snug fit. The seat also has 4 non skid feet which you can adjust depending on the type of chair you are using.
– the back of the Booster is contoured and raises slightly to provide back support.
– the soft foam insert provides comfort and is easy to clean. The insert can also be removed to accommodate a growing child and provide more room in the seat.
– the 3 point harness creates a secure fit and is easy to adjust (which we’ve done often as both our 2 year old and 8 month old often)
– you can use the Booster with or without the tray. Without the tray you can pull your child up to to the table which kids love as they enter the toddler years.
– there is an optional toy tray available for additional purchase. This could help extend your little one’s involvement in meal time and keep them at the table with the rest of the family longer. Also great if you are multi purposing this as an infant seat!
As mentioned, we’ve been using the Baby Bud Booster for the last 8+ months. I put a towel on my dining chair to protect it from stray pieces of food which is obviously inevitable! I initially started using the Booster for Eloise when Margaux was born (she was 18 months old). I used it with and without the tray and really love how seamlessly we could pull her up to the table. She was fighting getting in the more tradition high chair because she wanted to sit in a normal dining chair. This chair was met with much less opposition because she felt like she was sitting just like Tyler and I. The chair supports her well and she has always seemed comfortable. The straps are secure and it is easy to get her/in out of the Booster. If you are using the tray it can be a little small for traditional toddler dinnerware. Bigger plates still fit but are more easily “knocked” off. Of course, this is a non issue if you aren’t using they tray. All in all, I love this little Booster for Eloise. It keeps her safe and secure all while making her feel like the big girl she is.
In addition to eating, I use this with no tray for Eloise’s to do art projects, play with play doh, do anything messy and/or that is Margaux can’t get into. She has ample room and can sit safely and securely without accidentally coloring all over our house! And don’t worry about the chair getting messy – we’ve had everything from paint pens to play doh on it and it wipes clean every time!
While this isn’t specific to the Baby Bud, one thing I do suggest watching for when using a Booster is a feisty toddler pushing back from the table and potentially causing the chair to fall over backwards. We cautioned Eloise of this at the first sight of her pushing back but definitely something to be aware of if you are using ANY Booster with no tray. If you at all feel concerned, pop the tray on and pull them up to the table with the tray. We used the tray plenty of times with Eloise and she didn’t seem to care so much.
We put Margaux in the Booster at 6 months old. Margaux is/was pretty strong and she was sitting up on her own by six months. We used the Booster with the tray and it is very convenient. I love being able to easily move the dining chair closer to my chair when I am home alone feeding both girls. The tray is nicely sized for Margaux and is easy to clean. Although, from time to time, I feel like Margaux could’ve used a little bit more support namely in the back and sides. I definitely never felt she was unsafe in the chair and by about seven months she was loving it and I was feeling more comfortable about the support.
Bottom line, we purchased the Baby Bud Booster on our own and after lots of testing for both our girls, I would recommend it. Full disclosure, I use this for Margaux now and Eloise is still in her very first high chair (per her request). Eloise still uses the Baby Bud booster regularly for arts and crafts so we definitely get our money’s worth out of this chair and will for years to come. We have limited space in our NYC apartment and I love that no additional floorspace is taken up with a high chair. The Baby Bud is easy to clean, use and is all around a great piece of gear that grows with your child.
We are giving a Mamas & Papas Baby Bud away in your choice of teal or pink! The giveaway starts today, August 18th and ends Friday, August 22nd at 5pm CST. The winner will be chosen at random, contacted via email and have five days to claim their prize before another winner is selected. Sorry, this giveaway is open to US residents only.
This review is in no way sponsored by Mamas & Papa’s and the opinions expressed herein are that of The Wise Baby.