I mentioned this morning I am approaching two weeks behind on sharing Margaux’s favorites. I hope to pop in to share my “real moms favorite baby products” every month or so. We are using a lot of the same products we did with Eloise but also some new ones. Margaux having different preferences than big sis also creates an entirely new list of favorites. As a frame of reference, here are Eloise’s favorites after one month and here is my new gear for baby #2 post.
1) Graco Little Lounger – We reviewed this right before the holidays and I was a big fan. In all honesty, I wasn’t sure if I’d use it all that much. I could not have been more far off. This may be the most used piece if gear thus far. We use it during the day in our main living area as a safe, cozy place for Margaux to sleep and she’s also been sleeping in it at night. I hadn’t planned to use this as a bedside bassinet but because Margaux likes to be held so much she prefers the cozy space of the Little Lounger to the more open space of our beloved co-sleeper. The vibrating function and ability to adjust the angle are my two favorites features. The angle adjustment allows the Little Lounger to go from a napping area to an awake “chair”. Margaux loves the vibrating and on days when she has a stomach ache/reflux symptoms it definitely soothes her. All in all, I can’t say more good things about the Little Lounger. It has been a lifesaver for us!
2) MAM Pacifiers – As mentioned earlier today, we’ve tried nearly every pacifier on the market and MAM’s are by far Margaux’s favorite. The newborn size seems to be a perfect fit for her and these have been a lifesaver to create a diversion from comfort nursing!
3) Cybex Aton 2– We had a different car seat with Eloise and I liked it pretty well but I LOVE the Aton 2. We have a full page review coming up so I will save the details but I love the fabric (we have this pretty heavenly blue color), its lightweight it is and most of all it is super safe – all reasons why we named it the Best Infant Car Seat of 2013!
4) 7 A.M. Enfant Le Sac Igloo– The never ending polar vortex has forced us to be homebound many days but we have been able to leave the house thanks to the 7am Le Sac Igloo. I tried other bunting for our Cybex Aton and wasn’t pleased with them. The Le Sac Igloo has an adjustable strap in which each side attaches to each other so it fits snugly and stays in place on the car seat. It comes in three sizes and I went with the medium in hopes I can use it next winter on our stroller. The medium still works well for a car seat and creates a cozy warm cocoon for Margaux to brave the elements.
5) Boppy Nursing Pillow – I have three nursing pillows and this is my favorite (see the full review, here). The firm top allows me to position Margaux comfortably for feedings. I like not having the large piece behind my back like some other nursing pillows. Next to the Graco Little Lounger, the Boppy Nursing Pillow has been one of our most used pieces of gear.
6) Pottery Barn Kids bath wrap – I forgot how sweet little baby baths are. Margaux seems to like bath time and I love this super soft, cozy and of course, monogrammed bath wrap from Pottery Barn Kids. It’s a great size to swaddle her up and dry her quickly as well as amply sized to easily last through the first year.
7) HoMedic Sound Spa / Sound Machine – Living in a busy and loud city in a condo building with shared walls a sound machine for our girls is a must. Margaux is sleeping in our room and as much as we love Eloise’s Baby Einstien sound machine we needed something a little more grown up that could still go the job done. This sound machine takes up very little space in our room (sits on my nightstand) but still puts out lots of sound to effectively muffle the noise.
8) Little Giraffe Luxe Blanket – I am literally obessed with this blanket! I want one in my size. It is so super soft and warm – I take it everywhere with us. It is great to drape over the car seat and great to bundle Margaux up in at home or while we are out. I am tempted to order another one just to have a spare!
9) 4Moms rockaRoo– The latest innovation from 4moms has been very popular with miss I-like-to-be-held-all-the-time. We talked much more about it in our review but we continue to love it more and more.