As promised, we are intorducing another one of our fabulous editors this afternoon. Up today is Kate, also known as Sweet Mama K. Kate is a fresh addition to The Wise Baby and the serious creative genius behind the DIY Magic Water Shakers, DIY Wax Resist Canvas Art among many other absolutely fabulous projects (you can see them all, here) for you and your little ones. Kate is a super special, wise mama herself and we are beyond lucky to have her sharing her expertise with us every other Tuesday. Join me in welcoming Kate and enjoy her favorite baby products (they are pretty awesome).
Hey, Wise Baby! I am so excited to be a part of this fabulous website and contribute some of the skills I learned as an art teacher many sleepless nights ago :). To introduce myself: I am a full-time stay-at-home-wife to Nate, mama to my two little muses MG (2.5) and Bea (3 months) and a sometimes blogger over at sweetmamak.com. I am one of those “hippie” mamas who loves all things breastfeeding, cloth diapering, natural birthing, and baby food making. Oh and baby names? I could talk those all day :). I love reading the Real Mom Favorites posts and I wish I’d had The Wise Baby to help me register when I was pregnant with my first. When I created this list I tried to think of things that have stood the test of “time and two” for us. So two and a half years in, here are a few of my favorite things:
1. BOB double stroller:: I tell everyone about my love for this stroller. We use it literally everyday and it has yet to meet a terrain it could not conquer. I was gifted the single when pregnant with my oldest and now we have upgraded to the double. Could not be happier. (BONUS: running while pushing 90+ lbs of weight gets you admirable looks and comments from other joggers, and the push is so smooth you won’t even realize you’re doing it :))
2. Dohm sound machine: Almost every new mom I know swears by her sound machine to put and keep baby asleep. I’m no exception and I LOVE this one in particular. It has only one button: on/off, because the sound is manufactured, not pre-recorded. It literally sounds like a quiet wind tunnel and it instantly relaxes even me. In fact, being such a light sleeper myself, I told my husband as soon as the babies grow up and don’t need me in the night, I’m buying one for myself :). (BONUS: it’s very small and easy to travel with)
3. BumGenius diapers: we are cloth people and these are my favorite diapers. They are pretty much fool proof (which is essential in my house :)). Mallory wrote up a great post on them you can read here.
4. Tinydiner Placemat: This place mat has traveled with us to many a restaurant and helped my germ-o-phobic tendencies relax as I feel my baby can make a mess AND still safely eat off of it. (BONUS: it suctions to the table at the restaurant and then rolls up to nicely fit into your diaper bag.)
5. Beco Baby Carrier: we didn’t have this carrier for my first but now use and love it for my second! It distributes her weight so well that it doesn’t give me back or neck aches, even after hours of use. (BONUS: I also love that it has the option to face the baby in OR out. Once she gets a bit older, I know she will love watching the world this way, but right now she just prefers to sleep in it :))
6. Inglesina Highchair: I LOVE this high chair for several reasons: 1) It does not take up a seat at the table, 2) it puts the baby right at the table with you and 3) it is extremely portable. I would buy it again in a heartbeat (BONUS: it folds up compactly so it is easy to store when not in use)
A big warm, virtual hug welcome to Kate! xoxo
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for helping keep the lights on at The Wise Baby.