I am so very excited to introduce our editor, Mallory to you. Mallory is a very special lady whom I have known for quite awhile now and am so thrilled to have her on board. She’ll be covering everything from product reviews to real mom topics like the awesome two part post on natural and c-section post baby recovery (you can see all Mallory’s fabulous work, here). Mallory herself is a very wise mama and has lots of great insight to share with us so please join me in welcoming Mallory and her out-of-this-world-adorable-maybe-we’ll-arrange-a-marriage-with-son, Harry to our pages!
Hi Wise Baby readers! I am beyond excited to be a contributor to this fabulous website (which I use oh so often for advice)! I’m a first time mom to a little boy named Harry, who is cute as can be and spunky too, if I do say so myself. I’m married to a fantastic Air Force pilot – and Jon’s job keeps us moving around quite a lot. Because of that, I consider myself to be quite the minimalist when it comes to everything, including baby gear. Here are a few of the absolute must haves I’ve discovered over the last eight months:
1. BumGenius diapers: If you couldn’t tell from my post on cloth diapers, we’re a cloth diapering family and I absolutely love it. Not only do we save so much money, but we have had no issues with rashes, few blowouts, and bonus (!) they’re not filling up landfills!
2. Total Baby App: I’m a nerd. I’m a little obsessed with keeping track of everything to do with Harry – sleeping, eating, diapers, medications, etc. The Total Baby App keeps it all in one spot for me and is so easy to use.
3. BOB Revolution SE: This stroller has saved my sanity. I was a runner before I had Harry and have been able to keep up with my running, and bring my favorite little buddy along with me, because of this baby. Plus, like Kate, I haven’t met a terrain the BOB couldn’t handle.
4. Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor: First of all, I just love this monitor because, well, I can see Harry. As a first time mom, there may have been a few times that I zoomed in to make sure he was still breathing. But on top of that, my speaker blew out. I called Motorola, and they sent me a brand new monitor even though mine was bought more than a year ago. Can’t beat that!
5. Jellycat Noodle Fox: Or Fred, as we call him. This plus fox is (1) cute. (2) soft. (3) so much fun for a little boy who loves to chew on his ears, tail, and nose. Fred keeps Harry happy when I need a minute to do something… he got us through 15 hours on the road in two days and he’s gotten me through pretty much every shower.
6. Polo One-Pieces: If Harry could live in these, he would. I love them. They are so easy – one garment – and look so stinking cute. And the collar makes it nice and respectable.
7. Baby Bjorn Soft Bib: Harry is starting the world into solid foods and we’re doing Baby Led Weaning with pretty much means a giant mess every meal. This bib is the only thing that makes it possible for this kid to keep his clothes on when he’s eating. It catches pretty much anything he drops and then I can just throw it in the dishwasher to clean it!
8. Keekaroo Height Right High Chair: When I was looking for a high chair, one of the biggest requirements was that it didn’t stick out in my kitchen. I wanted something that looked like a pretty piece of furniture, not a kid’s piece of furniture. The Keekaroo completely filled that requirement. And on top of that, it’s super easy to clean (all wood with a plastic, detachable tray), comfortable for a little baby (Harry started sitting in it at four months), and it can grow into a toddler chair, big kids chair, and normal chair… it can hold up to 250lbs!
And in case you want to check out what Mallory loved when Harry was younger, take a peek at her real moms favorite products post from several months ago. We love ya Mallory and are so happy to have you a part of The Wise Baby! Everyone join me in welcoming Mallory! xoxo
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for helping keep the lights on at The Wise Baby.