Earlier this week, we talked about the Peg Perego Book Pop Up stroller (ps, we are offering a giveaway). We love is so much we put together a video review of it. In that review we mentioned we’d be talking more about the newest infant car seat from Peg Perego, the Primo Viaggio 4-35. Again, so many great features I had to do another video review to point out a few of my favorites…
One thing I didn’t mention in the video, probably because in my mind, I know it and assume you do too but the Primo Viaggo 4-35 is the incredible safety of the 4-35. The Primio Viaggo 4-35 has super high safety ratings, just like its predecessor, the 30-30. Its shell is lined with energy absorbing foam, it has adjustable side impact protection and is all around superior when it comes to safety ratings.
I really love all the features of the 4-35:
– The Primo Viaggio 4-35 is super lightweight, tipping the scales at just over 9.5 pounds. I have been carrying a +/- 18 pound, 7 month old around in this seat and I can tell you it is noticeably lighter than some others I have tested.
– It has super luxe and very breathable fabrics. The fabrics are actually perforated (think jersey like) so help promote airflow. And while the canopy is ample it is still breathable allowing air to ciruclate through the seat. The breathability of fabrics is really an important feature at this stage because little ones don’t sweat like grown ups do.
– The base of the 4-35 is easy to install. It has the “right tight system” which using the knob I pointed out in the video, you can adjust the incline based on the wieght of your child. This feautre adds to the stability of the base and works with both LATCH and belt install. Another quick reiteration is that the base is super easy to install via the premium LATCH connectors or using your car’s seat belt. I have also installed the 4-35 without a base (the handlebar folds all the way down) and it is a very secure install which is super handy for traveling.
– The 4-35 has a built in anti-rebound bar. An anti rebound bar helps provide additional protection in the event of a crash and is a very nice feature to have. You have the option of (easily) installing it or removing it (which is nice as your child grows and their feet start to reach the end of the seat).
– The dual stage cushion system is really nice. There are two cushions you can use at your discretion. Because I started using this seat with Margaux when she was around 6 months, I removed the first cushion which cover the head/shoulder area. It is easy to detach with two buttons. In the next couple weeks I will likely remove the stage 2 cushions which are in the seat area. Either way, the cushions help enhance the overall comfort and support of the seat as your child grows.
So yeah, I love all of the above BUTTTT my most favorite feature is the non re-thread harness! I mention it in the video and show you how it works but you guys, this is an incredibly awesome feature. This alone is reason to buy this car seat. If you have’t ever tried to rethread a harness take it from me, it is usually a pain. Not here. Peg Perego has hit it out of the park with this one. Seriously, best idea since sliced bread! (okay, I get too excited about awesome baby products!)
I have been using the Primo Viaggo for several weeks now and really, really love it. I am really tough on infant car seats because they are a piece of gear us mama’s (and papa’s) use so much not to mention, they serve an incredibly important function, protecting our most precious cargo. The only downside of the Primo Viaggo 4-35 is it is bigger than some seats on the market. We have a very small SUV and have no problems with it fitting but if you have a small car you may want to double check measurements. Also, some stroller companies (ahem, Baby Jogger) haven’t yet updated their car seat adapters to fit the 4-35 so double check if you are thinking of a stroller other than the Book Pop Up which we love (review, here) double check on adapter availability.
All in all though, the 4-35 is my new go to seat recommendation. I love it. It is great all around and did I mention how awesome the non rethread harness is?
Check out more of our thoughts on choosing an infant car seat!