Wise Baby, LLC (“Wise Baby,” “We,” “Us,” and/or “Our”) operates this website, TheWiseBaby.com (the “Website”). This policy applies to all users of the Website.
Permission. We recognize that the services on Our Website are sometimes used by others on behalf of family members or other third-parties. If you are using the Website on behalf of another, you represent and warrant that you are fully authorized to provide the information you enter into the Website by that person or persons, and that you have, in each instance, permission or authority to forward that person’s information to a service provider. You also represent that the individual for whom you are utilizing the Website for, or his or her duly authorized lawful guardian, is aware of your intentions to seek a service provider on their behalf and that they have authorized you to do so. You further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Wise Baby and its officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and shareholders (including attorneys’ fees and costs) from third-party claims or actions that allege you were not permitted or authorized to use or disclose a third-party’s information to us.
- If you chose not to provide such information, your participation may be limited. If, at any time, you would like to cancel your registration, please contact Us through the “Contact Us” page on the Website.
- A “cookie” is a very small piece of information that tells Us that you have visited the Website previously. Our Website will send the “cookie” file to your browser. If your browser is set to accept cookies, the “cookie” will be stored as a file on your computer’s hard drive, taking up less than 200 bytes of disk space. The “cookie” acts like an identity card each time you visit the Website. Only the Website can read the “cookie”; We cannot read “cookies” sent by other websites.
- An “action tag” or a “web beacon” (also known as a clear gif or a pixel tag) is a method used to track responses or actions by visitors who view certain advertisements or other information on the Website. Action tags are 1×1 pixel images embedded in a website page that are used to transparently collect information. We may use action tags to count the number of times that visitors click on a particular banner ad or visit the pages of the Website and to provide information about what products/services are viewed or purchased. These devices cannot be used to access your personal information.
Use of Personal Information. We may retain your personally identifiable information in Our database in order to help Us serve you better.
- We may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your inquiries and requests for information from Us and to contact you in response to your request that We do so.
- We may use information from you and others to perform research and make sure that We provide the products and services that you want.
- We may use information from you and others to help Us verify your identity.
- We may release your information when it is necessary to comply with the law, to enforce Our legal rights, or to protect Us, Our customers, or others.
- Information about you may be given to third-parties in a manner that does not identify you individually; for example, We may disclose to a third-party the number of users who viewed or purchased a specific product or service without giving the names of these customers.
Security. Access to the personally identifiable information you provide is limited to Wise Baby employees, contractors, and service providers who need it in order to serve Our users and customers and maintain Our information systems. We use reasonable security methods to protect all data that We collect and store, including but not limited to personal information, demographic information, and financial information. However, We cannot and do not insure that Our systems are impenetrable or that data is not intercepted while being transmitted to or from Us over the Internet or by other means. In the event We sell or transfer all or a substantial portion of Our assets, then We reserve the right to transfer to a third-party any and all data and information that We have obtained or have stored.
Newsletters/Promotions. By becoming a member or registering with Wise Baby, you may receive emails including special offers and promotions from Wise Baby. You may opt out from receiving these mailings as provided for herein.
Personal Information Related to Children. This Website is not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18) years. We do not intend to, or knowingly, collect personal information online from children, and We encourage parents and guardians to monitor children’s on-line activities. If you believe your child has provided personal information to Us, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org so We can delete it. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) years, do not provide Us with any personal information.
Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving printed or electronic materials at any time by contacting Us at the address shown in the “Contact Us” section of Our Website. You may also request that We stop sharing your personally identifiable information with third-parties.
Disclosure for Legal Reasons. We may release personal information to third-parties: (1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order; or (2) in special cases, such as a physical threat to you or others, a threat to homeland security, a threat to our system or network, or cases in which we believe it is reasonably necessary to investigate or prevent harm, fraud, abuse, or illegal conduct. In the event that we are legally compelled to disclose your personal information to a third-party, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you unless doing so would violate the law or court order.
Affiliate Links. From time to time The Wise baby uses affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission from your purchases via certain links on this site. We only link to and mention products we would suggest no matter the commission.