Last week, back in 2014, we rounded up the most favorite of the real moms baby products (which was so fun!) and I am excited to start the new year with an awesome real mama’s favorites from Amanda. Amanda has a great list of very practical and functional products. If you are a mama to be – take notes, these are good products to have around! Enjoy and we’d love some more volunteers for real mom Wednesday, everyone is welcome and accepted as long as you submit the easy peasy details found, here.
My name is Amanda and I am a first time mama to Ari, my sweet almost four month old little boy. We live in small town Manitoba, Canada in a 960 sq.foot house, so space is at a premium for us! I like to choose baby products that are purposeful for our needs, have a small footprint, and are able to entertain my active and curious boy. I love reading Real Moms posts each week and I hope that you will enjoy my favorites too!
1. Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound System – Ari has been on an early bedtime since 7 weeks old and white noise in his nursery has been a lifesaver for us. He can sleep peacefully and we don’t have to tiptoe around in the evening. The projector feature of this product is also great entertainment for Ari in his room.
2. Organic Bum Care- Delish Naturals Yum Bum Butter & Mama Pacha Calendula Diaper Cream – Since we are cloth diapering I need to use cloth diaper safe diaper rash cream. Both of these organic creams are made by small Canadian companies and have been amazing at keeping Ari’s skin soft and healthy.
3. 4Moms Mamaroo – We started off with a bouncer chair and quickly learned that our baby needed a lot more movement to keep him happy. A Mamaroo came up for sale in our local classified ads and I jumped on the chance to try it out after reading such positive reviews about this product on The Wise Baby. Ari loves sitting in the Mamaroo and the various settings and speeds keep him happy so that I can put him down long enough to eat lunch or get some housework done. I also love that this product takes very little space in a room.
4. The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvery Karp, M.D. – Ari has been a bit of a colicky baby since he was 2 1/2 weeks old and each evening was long and rough for all of us. A friend lent me this book when Ari was 2 1/2 months old and I wish I would have read it during his first month! Dr. Karp’s five S’s were the trick to calm my fussy baby and they work each time. A must-read if you have a fussy baby who is difficult to calm down!
5. Jacques the Peacock by Lamaze – Ari loves to play with toys and Jacques is by far his favorite. I hang it in his activity gym or take it along in the car and the colors, textures and sounds will entertain Ari for a decent amount of time.
6. Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets – One of the five S’s to help calm your baby is to swaddle. I love these blankets from Aden and Anais because they are large enough for my growing baby and lightweight so Ari doesn’t overheat. They are also perfect to use as a nursing cover when needed.
7. Pinhole Press Mini Storybook of Names and Faces – A number of Ari’s aunts, uncles and cousins are spread across Canada and the world, so I made this personalized book of names and faces for him. He already enjoys looking through the book at the pictures and I know this will be a great way for Ari to learn about his family, even if he doesn’t get to see everyone in person very often.
8. Skip Hop Activity Gym (Woodland Friends) – Ari is a busy baby and needs a variety of entertainment. He does not like to be strapped into seats for very long periods of time and really loves to lie on the floor so he can kick his legs and practice rolling around. His activity gym has seen plenty of use already and I love that I can bring it into any room of the house to keep him busy while I can get other work done!
9. Prince Lionheart Warmies Wipes Warmer – I use cloth wipes and seriously love this product! This container keeps my wipes moist, warm and at hand on my change table. I have a pile of flannel wipes from Tooshie Wipes on Etsy and wouldn’t do it any other way…such an easy way to save money and reduce waste!
10. Solly Baby Wrap – This baby carrier is so soft and I love that I can wrap it around myself tightly so that I know my baby is secure. When Ari was newborn I used the infant carry method and now that he is older we have switched to the classic carry. We love to go out for walks when the weather is nice so a carrier has been an important piece of baby gear for us. I love this one, while my husband prefers to use our Ergo carrier.