Yay for Real Mom Wednesday! I am super excited to share today’s mama with you. Amber has some really fabulous picks and some that are making their real mom Wednesday debut like gDiapers – the perfect hybrid cloth/disposable diaper! She also has a few great etsy finds. I am basically obsessed with the infinity scarf nursing cover. Obviously, I am quite smitten with Amber’s list and I know you will love it too. Sweet little Allison is one lucky lady to have such wise mama! A huge thanks to Amber and if you’d like to share your favorite products, email me for details – it is easy and FUN!
I am a new mama to a sweet 6-month old baby girl, Allison! We, along with my husband, Gary, live in an 1800 sq ft house in the suburbs in Alberta, Canada. I love to travel, decorate, bake, spend time outdoors and take photos of my beautiful baby girl. A believer in quality over quantity, I am particular about the products I buy. I loved perusing The Wise Baby while I was pregnant to search out the best baby products for my little one. Here are some of my favourites!
1. Baby Jogger City Select Stroller: This is a popular stroller where I’m from! Every third parent you see seems to have one, and for good reason. With multiple seat positions and the option of adding a second seat when another little one comes along, it is incredibly versatile. The wheels are large enough to take a stroll on a bumpy trail and trudge through the snow in the winter, and the basket is big enough to fit a ton of shopping bags or groceries. I haven’t used a grocery cart in months!
2. SlickFox Bandana Bibs: I just love these adorable, super absorbent bibs! They keep my drooly baby dry, and the bandana style doesn’t take away from her cute outfits!
3.timi & leslie Charlie Diaper Bag: I wanted a diaper bag that didn’t look like a diaper bag, and this one fit the bill! It has all the diaper bag essentials – change pad, bottle cooler, lots of pockets for organizing – but has a classic, go with everything style. I had thought it might be too big when I purchased it, but I definitely manage to fill it up! I’ve gotten a ton of compliments on this bag, too.
4. gDiapers: I wanted to cloth diaper Allison but just couldn’t bear dealing with so much poop. I was so excited when I discovered gDiapers! They are a perfect hybrid of cloth and disposable diapers, with a reusable cloth cover and the option of a biodegradable disposable insert. Plus they fit great and are super cute!
5. Baby K’tan Baby Carrier: Allison loves cuddling into her baby k’Tan and going about my daily activities along with me! The best thing about this carrier is it’s two-part structure makes it really easy to put on! I’m on the clumsy side, so I appreciate that there are no huge pieces of fabric to fumble with.
6. Abbie Grace Designs Nursing Scarves: After months of using more traditional nursing covers, I got tired of feeling like I was wearing a giant bib. I wanted something a little more inconspicuous that looked as if it could be part of my outfit. The simple design and chic fabrics of these infinity scarves is exactly what I was looking for, and the soft, lightweight jersey material keeps baby happy, too.
7. Hevea Natural Rubber Pacifier: I wanted a natural rubber pacifier for Allison, and this one has worked great for us. The design allowed Allison to learn early on to put the soother in her mouth herself, and now that she’s teething, the soft, chewy
8. Earth Mama Angel Baby & Baby Hugo Naturals bath products:
I try to stick to natural products for Allison and I love both of these brands. The BabyHugo Naturals shea butter and chamomile shampoo & baby wash smells amazing and the baby oil leaves her skin silky soft. The Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm has worked great for keeping diaper rash at bay, and Earth Mama’s products for pregnant and new moms are pretty great too!
9. Baby Love by Sandra Magsamen: This rag book is so cute, and Allison just loves it! My husband and I have nicknamed it the “nap book” as if we put Allison in her crib with it around naptime, she will happily and quietly play with it, and when we check on her 10 minutes later, she’s asleep!
10. Sprout & MyFitnessPal iPad Apps: Sprout is a fantastic app for tracking baby’s feedings, sleep patterns, growth and milestones! I love the design and the personalized daily newsletter – an enjoyable read during those nighttime feedings.
MyFitnessPal has also been a huge help to me – to lose the baby weight! Tracking the food I eat and the exercise I do gives me a sense of accountability and keeps me motivated, too!
11. Jellycat Stuffies: These are the softest, most adorable stuffed animals out there! I buy these for nearly every baby shower I go to, and of course I had to buy one (or two…) for Allison too!
Thanks again Amber – you are one wise mama! xo
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for helping keep the lights on at The Wise Baby.