Today’s real mama is a fellow big city, short on space lady and so many of her favorites resonate with me. Most importantly, her beautiful daughter Amirah and Eloise would be besties because they both love their Kindle Fire’s with Elmo and I think Amy and I would get along just fine given our love for Kate Spade diaper bags. I know you’ll enjoy Amy’s favorites too and a big thanks to her for sharing with us! If you’d like to share your products, we’d love to feature them, email me for the easy peasy details!
Hi! I’m Amy, first time mom to beautiful and spunky 1 year old, Amirah. We live in our Nation’s Capitol in a one bedroom apartment not far from downtown. Space is at a premium so we live for things that can fold up and be tucked away. I can’t believe how quickly a year has gone; here are some of our favorite things!
1) Kate Spade Stevie Diaper Bag and Kate Spade Splodge Dot Randi Diaper Bag – The Steve was my first love. It’s stylish and big enough to hold everything (I thought!) I needed. It comes with a changing pad, and has lots of pockets. I used it until a few months ago when I got the Spoldge Dot Randi bag as a gift. Now that Amirah is a little older I don’t seem to take as much stuff with me and it looks like a purse which is even better. Kate spade is my diaper bag and purse soul mate!
2) Pete the Cat Dolland books – We got Pete as a gift and he was an instant hit! Amirah was around 4 months when we got him and she loved that he was easy to hold, and now Pete goes everywhere with us. An added bonus is that there are books and songs! You can find Pete on YouTube and sing along with his book. Our favorite is “I love my White Shoes”.
3) Shea Moisture Baby Lotion
We’ve used both the Chamomile & Aragan Oli and Olive & Marula and love both. They smell so good, and keep her skin soft as ever.
4) Chicco Ct0.6/Capri Stroller – Topazio
A friend of ours had this and I fell in love with the color first. The Topazio is so bright and fun. Living the city without a car we needed a stroller that was light and easy to fold up if need be. It handles the city streets well, bumps and all. We have a jogging stroller as well, but found that we use this one much more often.
5) Just Born Owl Velboa Blanket
First let me start off by saying I wish they made these for adults! This is the softest blanket ever. Amirah loves this blanket, and I love watching her snuggle up with it.
6) Sophie the Giraffe – Sophie is a lifesaver, so much so that we have two; one for the diaper bag, one for home. She’s easy to hold, and even now Amirah loves to chomp down on her feet or ears. She’s gotten us through many of our travels and long waits at the doctor’s office.
7) Fisher Price Fun with Friends Musical Table – I can proudly say that I know most, if not all, the words to the songs that this toy sings. We’ve had it since March and it still gets used every day. Amirah loves to laugh and dance along with the songs and sayings and it also doesn’t take up that much room. You can take the legs off when the babes are smaller.
8) EgroBaby Carrier and Infant Insert – We use public transportation constantly and the Ergo is perfect for walking around the city, jumping off buses and trains, and getting things done around the house. We used the Infant Insert when she was little and it kept her snug and warm during the cold winter months when we were out and about and helped me through the first few months getting things done at home. The Ergo is so versatile, she loves the side and back positions now so she can see the world. It’s comfy, and easy to adjust – though I have to confess there have been times I’ve had a hard time getting it on myself, but with lots of practice I am now a pro.
9) NUK Pacifiers – She never took to other kinds of pacifiers; Nuk has been our go to! They come in lots of fun patterns and colors.
10) Kindle/Tablet with Sesame Street and/or Elmo’s song
I have the Kindle Fire and with Amazon instant video I’ve been able to download episodes of Sesame Street for free! Amirah loves music and Elmo’s song has become one of her favorites. Traveling a lot to see my family sometimes gets boring for little ones and thankfully the free wifi on trains has helped us through some trying trips, sometimes the other passengers join in on the “La la la la’s”.
Thanks again Amy, your picks are fabulous! xoxo