Before you head out for the long weekend, we’ve got an awesome list of Real Moms Favorite’s for you. Mama Anne has a complete list full of great products for mama’s and babies. A few (like the Fisher Price seat) are new to our beloved Wednesday features while others like Jacques the Peacock are favorites echoed by mama’s everywhere. Enjoy Anne’s list and your long weekend! xo
Wise Baby Real Mom Favorites has introduced me to some great products and I’m excited to share with other moms (and I am sure a few dads) some of my favorites. I am a first time mom to a sweet 4 month old baby boy Kieran. We live in our adopted city Providence, Rhode Island in a 1400 SF house. Our little guy was a bit too eager to meet us and was born 9 weeks premature. Because of this, some of my favorite products changed to fit his special needs.
1. Fisher-Price Deluxe Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat– Kieran loves to sit in his Sit Me Up Chair. Because he was premature it has taken him a little longer to be able to hold his head up on his own. That doesn’t mean he’s any less interested in what’s going on all around him! This chair has been a great way to have him sit up and be involved while giving him more support for his wobbly head. And it folds flat!
2. Circo Owl LED Night Light– This has been great for late night feedings. It plugs in to charge and then I can unplug it and keep it by the bedside, bring it into bed, or carry it to the rocking chair. Instead of turning on a bright bedside lamp this cute night light gives just the right amount of visibility for me to see what’s going on without waking Kieran up completely.
3. Medela Freestyle Breast Pump– Kieran spent time in the NICU and I rented a hospital grade pump to express milk and keep up my supply. I was tethered to the machine 8-10 times a day. After a month I tried the Freestyle and never looked back. I was able to express just as much and I could move around the house! I still need to pump a few times a day and am able to clip it on and multitask.
4. Origins Quick, Hide! Concealer– I had dark circles around my eyes even before baby. Now they’re on a whole new level. When I use this I’ve actually had people tell me I look well rested– Ha!
5. Boppy Nursing Pillow– Breastfeeding was a struggle for the first few months because he was premature. A tall mom and a tiny baby made it difficult to find a good position. Most nursing pillows were just too low. This Boppy was a lifesaver since it has both a high thick padded side and a firm side making it easier to bring baby to breast.
6. Turtlemeter Bath Tub Thermometer– First time parents with a tiny preemie baby equals stressful bathtime– What if it’s too hot? What if it’s too cold? This little turtle gives us the temp and a fool proof light up color– red is too hot, blue is too cool, green is just right.
7. Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Surround– I didn’t feel comfortable bed sharing but having Kieran in bed with us was really convenient for all those night time feedings (he’s nursing a lot and growing to play catch up) and it was also very easy to calm him while right next to me if he became fussy. This was the perfect solution. It fits in between my husband and I but Kieran has his own safe space.
8. Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Infant Stim Mobile – Kieran has recently become entranced by this fun mobile. I love that it’s “mobile” (see what I did there?) and I can hang it from the car seat, from the stroller’s bassinet, or from his playmat.
9. Peekaboo Moments– This app has been a great way for family and friends to keep up to date with Kieran’s progress and adventures. We are NYC transplants with lots of friends and family throughout the country so a private space online to post photos and videos was a must.
10. Jacques the Peacock– This has been great since early on. One side is black and white contrast while the other has a variety of textures, ribbons, a mirror and squeaky toy. We’ve gotten great mileage out of Jacque.