Happy Wednesday wise one’s! Everyday this week I have thought it was Thursday… but here we are at Wednesday and a happy one it is because it is Real Mama day. A day when one of our savvy readers shares their favorite baby products. These products are used by real moms and recommended by real moms which is why I love these features so much. Today’s mama, Annie has a really awesome list packed full of baby gear and household gear – enjoy her fab list. If you’d like to share your, vist this page for the details! xo
Hello! I’m Annie – a new mama to my sweet, laid back, snuggly 8 week old baby boy, Grey. We live in a small house in the suburbs, so we don’t have a lot of room for excess baby stuff. Knowing a lot of baby items would be visible, I also looked for things that were functional, yet pleasing to the eye. Here are my must-haves!
1. Gerber Organic Onesies – I love a clean, classic white onesie. I’m not a huge fan of typical “baby” outfits, so these were great. I layered them with cute printed pants, sweatshirts, and bandana bibs on Grey. Sometimes he just hung out in a onesie and Aden + Anais Swaddle Blanket! The organic option is great for sensitive baby skin.
2. Solly Wrap – These wraps are lightweight, super soft, very easy to use, and come in a range of beautiful colors. They wraps can be used from birth, unlike other carriers on the market. They fold right up and can be tossed in the diaper bag so it is always within reach. I love wearing Grey anytime we go out – so much easier than a bulky stroller! I own two of these, one in Heather Grey Stripes, and another in Oxblood. Gorgeous, and I can’t wait to buy more. I am a little obsessed, as is my husband. We constantly argue over who gets to wear Grey in the Solly.
3. aden + anais Bamboo Burpy Bibs – I cannot get enough of these super soft bib/burp cloth combo. I mainly use them as burp cloths and to soak up any excess milk, as Grey is a messy little eater. Once he is bigger, I will start using them as bibs. They are so soft and the patterns are really cute. They don’t scream “BABY!!!!” – which I like.
4. Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature bibs – Like I said, Grey is very messy when he drinks he bottles. I tuck a A+A Burpy Bib in his onesie, and then add a Tommee Tippee Bib on top. This is the only bib that sops up all the excess formula he dribbles everywhere.
5. Basic H Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate – With a new baby and two dogs at home, it’s very important to keep my house clean and safe. So many products on the market are incredibly toxic and dangerous. Shaklee has been making non-toxic and eco-friendly products for the home now for over 50 years. My family has used Shaklee Basic-H for YEARS, and it continues to be my favorite cleaning product into adulthood. It comes in a concentrated form, so I mix it with a spray bottle full of water. It cleans my kitchen, windows, tables, mirrors, and it is even a great degreaser. The possibilities with this product are ENDLESS.
6. NuRoo Baby Swaddler – Grey was just over 6 pounds when he was born, and other brands of velcro swaddles were too big on him. The NuRoo adjusts to fit your babe from newborn all the way to when they grow out of being swaddled. There are two pouches to place baby in, and the larger of the two expands to make a third, even larger size. The fabric is stretchy and lightweight, yet strong enough to keep a Grey’s arms securely in place.
7. Snuza Baby Monitor – Grey slept in his Rock N Play next to our bed for the first 5 weeks. I clipped the Snuza Monitor onto his diaper, and slept soundly (for two hours at least :)) knowing that he was breathing. A light flashes green with each breath, and I could see it through his swaddle. If the Snuza doesn’t detect movement within 15 seconds, it vibrates. If there is still no movement after another 5 seconds, an audible alarm goes off. Every new mom knows that the first few nights at home are so nerve wracking – this helped ease the transition for me.
8. 4moms Infant Tub – As a lover of super hot baths, I knew I couldn’t be trusted to make sure Grey’s bathwater was the correct temperature. I love how the temperature is perfect every time! The tub also has a spot for your body wash and a cup to rinse baby. Another great feature is that clean water flows in while the dirty water flows out.
9. Honest Company Diapers, Wipes, Healing Balm, and Laundry Pods – The wipes are so soft and cloth-like, and the diapers come in adorable prints. I slathered Healing Balm on Grey’s tush after bath time, and anytime he scratched himself with those tiny baby fingernails I dabbed a little of this on. Cleared it right up! The Laundry Pods are perfect for sensitive baby skin, and we use them for our grown up laundry too! Honest Company makes products safe for baby and safe for our planet – and the best part is THEY WORK. I get a monthly shipment delivered to my house, which is so convenient when you have a new baby at home.
10. Pigeon Nail Scissors – Grey was constantly scratching his skin with his sharp, fast growing baby nails. I am not a fan of baby mittens, but was terrified to cut his nails. Someone recommended Pigeon Baby Nail Scissors and they are the BEST. The shape and size is perfect for those tiny fingernails.
11. Boppy Newborn Lounger – I could not have survived the first few weeks without this! I’d place it on the bathroom floor while I showered, next to me on the couch, in the kitchen while I cooked, in the bedroom while I got dressed for the day – and Grey would just contently hang out, checking out his ever changing surroundings! It supports a baby’s body perfectly, and has a handle on top so it is very easy to grab and take with you as you move throughout the house.