Happy Wednesday y’all! It is time for another real moms favorites, where our wise readers share their favorite baby products. Today’s mama has an absolutely fabulous list. I could copy and paste this list as my own. I know you’ll enjoy Ashley’s list and fabulous descriptions on how each of these products fits so well into her life with a handsome little guy, Ryder. A big thanks to Ashley for sharing and if you’d like to do the same, email me!
I am a first time mom to my sweet seven month old son, Ryder. He surprised us all by being born 8 weeks early, and had to spend a few weeks in the NICU before we could bring him home. We live in a 2200 sq foot home in West Texas and do not have a lot of options to shop for all things baby. It was pretty stressful trying to make sure we had everything we needed with his early arrival! My hubby even made a trip to Dallas the weekend before Ryder came home from the NICU to get a few last minute necessities. I relied on The Wise Baby for a lot of my shopping and registry lists while I was pregnant, and I hope that I can help other mommas out there too! This list is a combination of our favorite things that were helpful when he was a newborn and our favorites now that he is starting to be a mover and a shaker!
1. Graco Sweet Slumber Sound Machine– I guess since Ryder was in the NICU, he was used to sound at night! When he moved into his room we started using our Graco Sound Machine. It has several different white noise sounds, including a heart beat. It has a timer, night light, and you can plug in your iPod. It can be plugged in to a wall outlet, or you can use a battery so it is very portable. I also love that it doesn’t take up much space on his nightstand!
2. Aquaphor– I have always used Aquaphor on my hands due to our dry climate in West Texas, but I had never thought of using it for anything else. Our pediatrician told me to put it on Ryder’s face when he developed baby acne. Well it didn’t take long at all for it to clear up his face completely! I am now a believer in the magical powers of Aquaphor. I use it for everything from his face to diaper rash. It clears up all irritation within hours it seems.
3. Jellycat Soft Books, Rain Forest – Ryder loves this Jellycat book, Rain Forest Tails. I keep it in my diaper bag for easy entertaining wherever we go. He can’t get enough of the crinkle sounds, and he loves grabbing on to all of the different tails.
4. Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun Active Learning Center, Life in The Amazon– Ryder has just recently started using this exersaucer, and he loves it! I love watching his little mind at work while he plays in it. He really enjoys everything there is to do on there, and I am excited that it can grow with him! It is so interactive that this has been a huge help for keeping him entertained when we are preparing dinner or picking up around the house.
5. Boppy Newborn Lounger– I think this has gotten the most use of any baby related item that we bought! We used it a ton when Ryder was younger to keep him propped up and close by while we were getting ready for the day. The incline was great since he had a lot of preemie reflux. It is also lightweight and portable, and it seems to be very comfortable for Ryder. The cover is washable so we never had to worry about spit up or other accidents that might happen on it. We still use the newborn lounger now to give him his medicine.
6. Boon Lawn Countertop Drying Rack– This has been a great buy for all the bottle washing we do! It holds at least 6 of our 8 oz. Dr. Brown’s bottles and all of their accessories. We use the flower and twig accessories for the bottle nipples and pacifiers! It doesn’t take up too much space on the counter, plus it is not an eyesore.
7. timi & leslie diaper bag– I did not know until very recently that there are actually stylish diaper bags out there that I wouldn’t mind carrying as a purse. This diaper bag is just that! I love the style of it, and I love that it holds everything Ryder may need while we are out and about! It also has a matching wristlet wallet that goes everywhere with me. I have no complaints about this bag and I foresee us getting A LOT of use out of it.
8. Baby Jogger City Mini stroller– Seriously you have to see how easy these are to fold with one hand! I love that it is lightweight and easy for me to get in and out of my trunk. I like the adjustable recline it has if baby needs to take a nap. It also has a huge canopy which is nice when we take walks while the sun is setting in the evenings. We can easily get the sun out of Ryder’s eyes. It does have a basket underneath that will hold my diaper bag, but it is a tight fit. It is great for shopping, though! You do have to get the car seat adaptor and child tray separately, but well worth it in my opinion. (editorial note, last years model, with the old Baby Jogger logo is on sale, here!)