Hooray for Real Mom Wednesday! Today’s mama, Cari is as sweet as can be and not only has a great list of products but a very well organized list. I loved that she’s sorted by age and provided very “real life” product descriptions that are super helpful. A big thanks to Cari for her fab list and if you have some favorites to share – we’d love to feature you. Email me for details!
Hi! My name is Cari and I am a first time mom to a beautiful 8.5 month old, Mila. We live in the suburbs in Southern California in a moderately sized 2 story home. I researched and read so much when registering for baby products for my little Mila and am so excited to share some of my favorites below!
1. Woombie – Mila had a pretty strong startle reflex from day 1. The woombie was the only swaddle that she couldn’t break out of (we tried at least 10 other brands) and that kept her secure and happy. We started using these at 2 weeks and kept her in them until 5 months when she transitioned to her crib. The woombie + Rock N Play was absolute sleep perfection for us and had Mila sleeping through the night at 6 weeks.
2. Fisher-Price Rock n’ Play Sleeper- The Rock N Play has become my go to gift for new moms. Mila was pretty tiny when we brought her home from the hospital (under 6 lbs) and the Rock N Play kept her cozy and snuggly (thanks to that extra padding that comes with the Deluxe) when she was so tiny. We LOVED this thing and took it everywhere as it was super portable. I was sad to pack it up when we transitioned Mila to her crib, but I know we will use this again when we have another one.
3. Graco Sound Machine – Are you noticing a pattern here…I was all about getting Mila to sleep when she was a newborn and the Graco sound machine was an integral part of that sleep plan. I love that this sound machine had a very small footprint and that it included a night light feature. We have used this sound machine daily since bringing Mila home from the hospital and have no complaints.
4. 4Moms mamaRoo – The mamaroo was the most used piece of baby gear in our house for the first 3 months of Mila’s life. She practically lived in this thing during the day and took her naps in it frequently. I love that it has a much smaller footprint than the traditional swing and I loved the different motions it offered, although Mila had a strong preference for the car ride motion.
3-6 Month Products
5. 3 Sprouts Storage Bin – I received the purple hippo storage bin as a gift and can now say that we have the elephant, the zebra and monkey in our house as well. I love how large these pins are as we can easily throw all of Mila’s toys in one, books in another, blankets in another…you get the picture. It doesn’t hurt that these happen to be super cute as well and they fold up really small when not in use.
6. Boon Flair Pedestal Highchair – This high chair is awesome. We started feeding Mila solids at 5 months and this chair has been used twice daily ever since. I love that has an adjustable height so we can easily pull this up to the island in the kitchen or lower it to use at our dining room table. It is extremely easy to clean as it is really one piece with a liner. I also love that you can now get additional fun color liners so we can change our original blue raspberry liner to a hot pink one in a snap. The only negative of this chair is that it is not small, so it would not be ideal for those mamas with a smaller space.
7. Skip Hop Activity Gym – We originally ordered a slightly less expensive mat, with lights and sounds, and it unfortunately turned out to be an epic fail. It overstimulated Mila and she never lasted on it for more than 5 minutes. My best friend had the Skip Hop mat and Mila loved it, so we promptly went out and bought one for our house and one for the grandparents. I love that the mat and toys are easy to clean and these still provide Mila with at least an hour of entertainment daily.
8. Baby Bjorn Babysitter Balance – This is the one piece of baby gear that I did not register for and that we bought ourselves and I can emphatically say that it was worth EVERY PENNY. We started putting Mila in this chair around 2 months when she could hold her neck up a bit. She loved being able to look around. We added the Tiny Love toybar to the chair around 3 months and this provides Mila with tons of entertainment. She uses this chair daily even now. It is extremely portable and light weight so it goes everywhere with us. This chair can also hold up to 29 lbs, so I know Mila will continue to use this for many more months.
9. aden + anais Burpy Bibs – These burpy bibs were a game changer for us. Mila had moderate acid reflux and was constantly spitting up everywhere. These burp cloths covered more surface area than any other cloth we tried and are cleverly designed to fit perfectly on your shoulder. Now that the reflux is under control, we use these as bibs on Mila as she still spits up frequently and drools everywhere. These save us from having to constantly change her outfits, which cuts back on her laundry and saves me time. Total win!
10. Skip Hop Pronto – I do not know how we survived without the Pronto. This thing is brilliant and in my opinion is a must have for moms. It keeps my diaper bag more organized and makes changes when you are out and about so much easier as I don’t need to haul my entire diaper bag around.
Thanks again Cari so many of your favorites are mine too! xoxo