Happy Wednesday mama’s and papa’s. Today is going to be a good day, we have an all sorts of fabulous list of real moms favorites courtesy of one very wise mama, Caroline. Caroline’s list is chalked full of great on-the-go baby gear and really awesome apps! Enjoy today and this great list of real mom tested, real mom approved baby products. And if you’d love to share your favorites, we would love even more to have you, here are the details!
Hi! I’m Caroline, a first-time mama to a super-happy & busy almost 1-year-old baby girl named Harper. We live in a 1500 square foot home near Raleigh, North Carolina. We spend a lot of time at the beach, lake, and on the go visiting friends & family, so a lot of my favorite products make it easier to bring baby along for the fun!
While I was pregnant and registering/reviewing the heck out of baby products, I used The Wise Baby & Real Mom Wednesdays religiously. Now, almost a year (and plenty of stages/ages/baby products) later, I’m here to share 10 of my most favorite products – from the newborn stage until now.
Of course we love so many products that are shared here often, so I tried not to include too many repeats on my list. But just because I can’t help it, here’s my shout out to anything Aden + Anais (the swaddles, easy swaddles & burpy bibs, just to name 3 of our top favorite must-haves), Sophie, the MamaRoo, the Moby, the Ergo, the Rock n Play (we swear by this one), and the Skip Hop playmat. Thanks for all the help & we love y’all. 🙂
On to my official 10 favorites…
1. First Year app. This was such a lifesaver when Harper was a newborn. My husband did all the research and found this app for us to track her feedings, sleep, diapers, etc. We each had it on our phones and it synced between them. I’m sure there are a ton of apps like this out there, but I was super happy with this one and used it for the longest time. It was actually hard to give it up because entering all this info daily became such a habit for me!
2. Baby Bargains Book. In addition to The Wise Baby & Real Mom Wednesdays, we loved the Baby Bargains book when we were registering. We even used it (and this blog) after Harper was born when we’d encounter a new need such as babyproofing equipment. Friends of ours gave this book to us early on in my pregnancy, and we loved the rating system and details that are featured for each product & product category. We’ve loaned this out a bunch already & everyone loves it!
3. Skip Hop Bibs. I’ve already said I love the Aden + Anais burpy bibs, but since Harper started eating small bites of what we eat, these SkipHop bibs have also become favorites. The pouch is a must have with blueberries and other squishy foods, and I love that these can be washed & dried with our laundry. Plus, they’re super cute, and they fold up nicely in the diaper bag.
4. KidCo Go Pod. Oh my gosh. This thing is amazing. A friend of ours loaned us theirs when Harper was born and it was a lifesaver. It’s basically a little seat that folds out/up like a camping chair. There are two cupholders and clips to hold toys on so that the baby has some entertainment. There’s a mat across the bottom so that baby’s feet touch the mat vs the ground wherever you are. We used this thing all.the.time. before Harper could sit completely by herself, and then to keep her contained once she was mobile. It kept her safely in the shade on the dock at the lake, and gave her a place to tailgate at Carolina football games. We also used it as a travel high chair when needed. She would sit in this even after she was done with the excersaucer/jumpers, and it was so compact that we just kept it in the back of our car everywhere we went. Major favorite.
5. Chatbooks. I make yearly photobooks using MyPublisher, but also love having my Chatbooks around to flip through. Obviously a lot has happened this year, so it’s nice to already have some pictures printed (anyone else terrible at that?!) and around our house for us to enjoy. Plus, since you can print straight from Instagram, it includes the date, location, and caption. You can also add other users, and the books are made using both of your pictures (but you can delete any photos you want if you don’t want them printed!). Bonus – each book is only $6.
6. Britax Stroller console. Every mama needs her coffee, water, phone & keys (at least) handy, right? We have the City Mini GT stroller (LOVE it), but bought the Britax console after reading several reviews. I couldn’t love it more. It has all the storage I need, plus is super compact and out of the way. I can still hang my diaper bag over it, or remove it and use the Skip Hop diaper bag stroller clips to hang my bag only. There’s also a closed compartment in the middle for keys, credit cards, or anything you want to be stored out of sight.
7. Fisher Price Healthy Care Deluxe Booster. We have the Fisher Price SpaceSaver high chair at home (also love it), but keep this in the car with us all the time. It is GREAT for meals at friends/family members homes when you need a high chair but they don’t have one (or if they have one but two babies are eating at the same time!), or in restaurants if you’re worried about germs or if your baby learns how to crawl out of those wooden high chairs even when buckled in (no names mentioned…). Easy to transport and set up, holds your Houdini of a baby in, and is dishwasher safe. It’s a winner.
8. Green Sprout Glass Food Cubes. I made all of Harper’s baby food when she first started solids, and while the ice cube tray / Ziplock bag storage method definitely worked, it was nice to have these on hand, too. We have the glass and the plastic cubes, but prefer the glass. It was so nice to be able to make, store, freeze, and travel with baby food in one container. It made homemade baby food as portable and easy as store bought, which was a huge win for me.
9. Ruby Love baby book. I’m picky about paper, planners, baby books, etc, so I spent a ton of time looking for a baby book that wasn’t super generic and that I knew I’d love. I ordered this one right before Harper was born and have loved filling it out this past year. Plenty of room for pregnancy, showers, birth, monthly changes, baptism, 1st birthday, pictures, etc, etc. I love the pages, the layout, the style options offered, and the customer service.
10. Print Studio cards & magnets. My husband gets credit for this find, too. He found this app / website and made cards for me using adorable pictures of Harper, which I obviously loved. Since he gave me my first card / told me about the app, I’ve made tons of cards for different holidays as well as birthdays using some of the billion pictures that we have. Making cards is crazy easy, they have several different sizes, and the shipping is super fast! You get 25 5×7 cards (36 cards if you order the small square ones!) for $24, which I think is an awesome deal for unique, personalized cards. I recently ordered magnets from them as well, and they are great quality & look so cute on our fridge and as gifts.