Before you head out for the holiday, we have a Real Mom Wednesday to take a peek at. Before we do that, I want to say THANK YOU to all real moms who have contributed, all real moms that read and make these features one of our most popular of the week. And of course, a big ole thanks to Elizabeth. Elizabeth has a great list and is bringing us some products that haven’t ever made the list before. I know you’ll love her choices but I am stuck on her little babe, Miller. Doesn’t he just look like the happiest guy?!? If you are interested in contributing to the ever popular Real Mom Wednesday, email me! We’d love to have you.
I am a first time mom to a precious baby boy named Miller who is always smiling and laughing. My husband, Miller, and I live in a suburban neighborhood in a 1,300 sq foot house along with our dog. It’s amazing how quickly these four months have gone by, and I’m excited to share some of our favorite items that have been well used and loved during his our first months together.
1. Miracle Blanket – Miller loved to be swaddled and this was the only swaddle that he couldn’t break out of. The material was soft, and it helped our son get some great sleep the first few months.
2. Boppy waterproof changing pad liners – Our changing pad gets a lot of use and a lot of accidents. These liners are great because when the inevitable accident happens it protects the changing pad cover from having to be washed everyday. These liners can also be used anywhere in order to create a makeshift changing area around the house.
3. Manhattan Toy Zoo Winkels Owl Rattle – This is Miller’s favorite toy. It is lightweight and because of the all the loops he can always get a good grip. He loves to hold it and shake it, and I love the cute, bright colors! It comes with us everywhere!
4. Graco Modes Click Connect Stroller
When it came to choosing a stroller there were several reasons I liked this one. First, I’m petit and I drive a sedan so I needed a stroller that was light and could fit in a trunk. This one checks both those boxes. I also really like the large basket underneath. It’s been great for our family strolls every night around our neighborhood.
5. Salter Electronic Baby and Toddler Scale – This may seem like an unconventional favorite item, however, the infant scale has proven wonderful for us! The hardest thing about nursing for me wasn’t actually the nursing part (fortunately Miller was a champ from the get go) but not knowing exactly how much Miller was getting. He was born at 36.5 weeks so it was important he get enough during feedings. With this scale I was able to weigh him before and after feedings and know exactly how many ounces he ate. It’s been wonderful and has taken a lot of the guesswork out of breastfeeding (which I love)!
6. Angel Dear Teether Blankie- Brown Puppy – This teether blankie is Miller’s favorite lovey. One of the hands has velcro on either sides that allows for a teething ring or pacifier to attach to it. Since we’re just now using the teething ring, the first couple months this blankie held his pacifier which made it easy to find in a diaper bag, around the house, in the car seat, etc.
7. Medela Hands Free Pumping bra – This little bra has been a life saver! During the early days I felt like when I pumped was the only time I actually had 15 minutes to sit down which is when I needed to eat, write thank you notes, return phone calls, etc. So it was great to be able to multitask! I pump everyday to stock up the freezer, and it comes in very handy!
8. Restoration Hardware Baby and Child Knit Cotton Pouf
Miller’s nursery isn’t just bursting with space so we bought and arranged the furniture strategically. In lieu of an ottoman to go in front of the glider we bought this pouf which we LOVE! The ottoman would have taken up too much valuable floor space and this pouf adds fun texture to the room. Additionally, when we want even more floor space we just put it behind the rocker. It’s been awesome having such a moveable item that will double as seating when Miller’s old enough.
A big, hug thanks to Elizabeth for sharing her great list of products with us and the cute as can be Mr. Miller! xo