Happy Wednesday wise mama’s! We have another awesome real mama sharing her list of favorite baby products. This lady is busy among being a mom to two, she runs an in home daycare so you know her list is going to be full of truly amazing products that make her life easier. Enjoy Erin’s list and if you would like to share the products that make your life easier – we would love to have you! You can find all the details, here.
I am the mother to two beautiful children Montgomery, 3 years old and Amelia, 7 months old. I keep myself busy staying home with my little ones, do in-home childcare and blog at Midwest Mom & Wife. Our home is run by babies and toddlers, so products that make life easier and kids busy are important to me!
1. Fisher-Price Rock ‘n Play Sleeper – This is perfect for newborns and as your baby gets older, short naps. Amelia hated sleeping flat, so this was perfect! It’s slightly slanted and has a vibration option. It also allowed her to feel snuggled and supported. It fit perfectly right by my bedside and she was close when she awoke in the night. It also, is very easy to fold up and take places.
2. NoseFrida – The snotsucker. Yes, snotsucker. It’s amazing. Sounds gross, but amazing. I highly recommend this instead of the sucky bulb thing, that barely works. What you do is stick the blue end into the baby and/or toddler’s nose. Don’t stick it UP the nose, just so there is a bit suction at the tip. Take the red end and suck! Don’t worry, no snot goes into your mouth! I was a bit weary of it at first, but after my first try and seeing how well it worked, I was hooked!
3. Tula Baby Carrier – I love everything babywearing. I have owned and tried several wraps/carriers and fell in love with the Tula. Babywearing makes life so much easier, when you have several kids running around, house chores, cooking, and everything in between. The Tula is a soft-structured carrier, so there is no wrapping necessary and you can snap it on quickly.
4. Wooden Teething Rings or ANY toys from ApplnAmos – I came across Applenamos on Etsy (one of my obsessions) while Christmas shopping. I love absolutely everything in their shop. They specialize in eco-friendly wooden toys and Waldorf and Montessori philosophies. I purchased a personalized wooden teething ring for Amelia. She absolutely loves it! They have so many different items from baby to toddler. If you are looking for something unique and creative, this is the place to shop. I also love that you can message them and just about anything can be personalized to your wants and needs!
5. Amber Baltic Teething Necklace– Both of my children have worn, and still wear, an amber baltic necklace. Amber baltic is a natural analgesic and it can help with teething pain. The warmth of your child releases succinic acid from the necklace, and it is absorbed through your child’s skin. It is definitely worth a try if you are dealing with teething pain!
6. Crane Cool Mist Humidifier – This humidifier is not just a necessity during the cold season, we use it all year round. The air in our house is very dry and the humidifier helps a lot! I also love all the fun characters they have available. We have the owl one!
7. Baby-Led Weaning Book – A must read and a resource you should have on hand when your baby starts solids. The concept behind baby led weaning is wonderful. You feed your baby healthy, whole foods and they use their hands to feed themselves. The book provides awesome guidelines on how to begin. I love that I don’t have to feed Amelia separately, she “eats” or plays with us!
8. Baby Bits Wipes Solution – We use cloth diapers and I love to try all-natural products (when I can). Baby Bits Wipe Solution makes it SUPER easy for us. You just place a small cube into a spray bottle (they provide), place hot water, and shake. I spray a few sprays and then wipe with cloth wipes. It smells wonderful AND you are also helping the environment at the same time!