Happy Wednesday Wise Mama’s! Mama Faith has done her research and is sharing her most favorite products for her and her handsome little guy with you today. Her list is packed full of entertainment options, feeding helpers and all around products that make your life easier. Enjoy her list and if you have products you think are worthy of telling other moms about, please send them our way! You can find all the details about being featured, here – everyone is accepted as long as the requirements outlined on the details page are submitted!
I am American and my husband is German and we live in Germany near a small city called Bingen. It is about one hour away from Frankfurt. I moved here in 2008 and we were married in 2011…three years later, we had our little baby boy! Hudson was born prematurely and a little small but is catching up nicely! He has had digestive problems since birth and we have had to use quite a lot of different products to help. Also, I use a mix of American and European products but I tend to lean towards the USA! I miss home often.
Here are ten of our favorite products that make life easier for us or that simply make Hudson smile!
1. Vulli Sophie the Giraffe – I understand that this is almost on every list but I swear this toy/teether is a livesaver! We have a special “rule” though – we only give Sophie to Hudson during his diaper changes or when he is fussy, that way, he misses her and is very excited to chew away each time. She doesnt get old then and stays content.
2. Weleda Calendula Baby Oil – We have used the Weleda baby Calendula line since birth. They are sensitive on his skin and have simple ingredients. The baby oil is a must! Although we have the diaper rash creme, body creme, etc.
3. Lamaze Toys – We have the moose and the tucan. They are wonderful affordable toys to keep a baby busy and happy! The moose has teethers, rings, a rattle and lots of colors. Hudson loves his! The tucan we are saving for a ten hour flight to Miami this May! A new toy will be needed.
4. Dr. Brown’s Wide Neck Bottle – Because of health issues, I had to stop breastfeeding around four months. We had started to introduce bottles to Hudson early on with expressed breastmilk and went through many different brands! All were horrible for his tummy issues (gas, etc.) until we used Dr Browns! Best bottles ever for colic issues. Other moms – use these first instead of trying all others! I wasted money.
5. WubbaNubs – Hudson was a pacifier baby from day three. We have three Wabbanubs and LOVE them. You cant find them in Europe, so I constantly have people stopping us and admiring his pacifiers! The best are the puppy and the lamb because they lay flatter than the other animals.
6. Ergo Baby Organic Carrier in Dark Chocolate – I love this carrier and so does my husband. I have the boba as well and I use that a lot, but the Ergo is my husband’s go-to and I like to take walks with Hudson in it. Plus, its fully washable, has a sunshade and the brown color is gorgeous!
7. Bumbo Floor Seat – We got ours from a friend and I am just starting to use it. Its so easy to put him in it, wipe it down and store it away. Now, I must laugh becuase its bright pink, but Hudson doesnt know any better 😉 Great for the first food feeding as I sit it in top of our dining table.
8. Bumkins Waterproof Bibs – Believe it or not, I did a lot of research on bibs! Although I research everything and read at least 100 reviews before buying. These bibs are a must. Easy to clean, easy to put on/take off. I have them in long sleeve too. I bough the boy set with trucks.
9. BEABA First Stage Silicone Spoons – My neighbor here in Germany (also an American! Small world) told me about these spoons. they are a bit pricey but worth it. I love the soft grip and the shape of the spoon. I just started Hudson on solid foods this week and these spoons are a big help.
10. WaterWipes – Hudson had diaper rashes in the first few weeks and my midwife (in Germany you have a midwife that comes to your house almost every day for the first two weeks!) said that it was due to the harsh chemicals in most baby wipes, i.e. I was using Pampers. I did some research and found WaterWipes. Best wipes ever! 99% water and very soft, moist and durable wipes. I order them from Amazon.
Some of my other favs that are not on the list but are worth every cent are the Snuza for in the beginning to help me sleep better at night knowing that I could monitor his breathing, Aden & Anais swaddles (I have like 15!), cloth diapers for burp clothes….I swear by them! They work the best and are cheap.