Happy Wednesday ladies! Today we have a fab line up of favorite products from a mama who took her time researching the best products for her lifestyle. There are some great pieces of gear on this list to entertain those curious little ones – enjoy Heather’s list and if you would like to share your favorites we would love to have you! Check out the easy details, here.
My name is Heather and I’m the mother of this handsome and sweet little 5-month old boy, Graysen Henry. We live in the hot state of Florida in a 1,400+ sq. ft. home where I work full- time in the maternal and child health field. My husband and I are first-time parents and being that I work in maternal and child health, it was important to me that I researched EVERYTHING. I think I drove my husband crazy with all the internet surfing I did for baby gear. Oh yeah, we built our first home all while I baked and we planned for this little guy. He was born just two weeks after we closed on our home and moved in….yikes!
1. Bright Starts Start Your Senses Safari Activity Gym, Spots & Stripes: My little guy has thoroughly enjoyed his activity gym. This is one purchase that we’ve gotten a lot of use out of. He loves to “bat” at the animals and look at himself in the mirror. He’s rolling now so he goes from side to side reaching for the different objects.
2. aden + anais Burpy Bibs: We LOVE these! Not only are they adorable but they are very absorbent and soft. They hold up great in the wash and can be used as a burp cloth or as a bib. We’ve been using them as bibs lately since our little guy is teething and drooling a lot these days. They are great at absorbing the massive amounts of drool.
3. Britax B-Ready Stroller: We researched strollers for a while before we decided on this one. We wanted something that was reasonably priced but that would grow with us as we grow as a family. We love that this stroller can be converted from a single to a double for when our family expands. It’s also easy to fold and doesn’t take up much space. The basket below provides ample space for your diaper bag and other shopping bags you may have. We also have the Britax B-Safe 35 car seat so we can just click and go with the B-Ready stroller.
4. Dr. Seuss Books: Graysen enjoys story time and will sit still longer if the book rhymes. Our favorites are Green Eggs and Ham, Put Me in the Zoo and Cat in the Hat. We try and read a few books a day as part of our bedtime routine.
5. Summer Infant SwaddleMe: I don’t know what we would have done without these swaddles. Graysen has preferred to be swaddled since the day he was born and because of the SwaddleMe he was able to sleep for long stretches of time starting at an early age. They are easy to use and keep baby nice and snug.
6. Skip Hop Dash Diaper Bag, Chevron: This diaper bag is great in that it holds a lot of stuff without being big and bulky. It has a ton of different pockets, buttons and zippers to store stuff in keeping everything nice and organized. It’s also stylish and not girly so my husband doesn’t mind carrying it.
7. Dr. Brown’s Bottles: Our little guy has a cow milk protein allergy/reflux and has been on several different formulas to help with stomach issues. Graysen prefers these bottles the best – and believe me, we’ve probably tried just about every bottle on the market. They provide a good flow and minimize the amount of air consumed while eating.
8. Boon Lawn Countertop Drying Rack: We go through quite a few bottles in a day and this drying rack is a great way to air dry our bottles without having them spread all over our counter. I love the boon lawn because it’s durable, easy to run through the dishwasher to clean and it holds a lot of bottles!
9. Oball Rattle: These little rattles are a great attention getter and the perfect item to encourage baby to work on reaching and grasping. Graysen loves to hold his rattle and it’s small enough to take with us when we are on the go.
10. Fisher-Price Sit-Me-Up Floor Seat with Tray: Graysen prefers to sit nowadays and enjoys being in his sit me up seat while playing with his toys. This is a great alternative to the Bumbo seat and it’s a lot less restrictive for baby.