It is already real mom Wednesday! Yay! This week seems to be flying which is slightly surprising because we are making the big move to N-Y-C this week which is a whole other post. BUT back to our one of our weekly favorites… it’s real mama Wednesday. Today, mama Jaclyn is sharing her favorites which are downright fabulous and paired with awesome descriptions. I know you’ll enjoy as much as I did and send us some good vibes for our Chicago goods to arrive in NYC in a timely manner! And if you want to share your favorites, I would love to have you. Email me!
Hi! I am a first time mom to the sweetest 3 month old baby girl, Presley. We live in a comfortable condo 2 blocks from the beach in Marina del Rey, California. The great Southern California weather year-round means lots of sun, beach time, and tons of walks. While building my registry, I got lots of advice from other mommy friends, did tons of online research, and loved reading the “real moms favorite baby products” blog posts each week. Here is a list of the items we couldn’t live without in the first 3 months.
1) Fisher-Price Kick and Play Piano Gym -I actually didn’t know about this when I registered, but once Presley was born I started hearing about it everywhere and knew we had to have it because she loves to kick. This entertains her so well (on her own!) and it works for kicking and tummy time, and then can grow with her as she sits up and then walks!
2) Rockin’ Baby Pouch – http://www.rockinbaby.com/Peacock-Johnny-p/406p.htm
We have multiple carriers and they are all great for different activities. But this one has become my go to because it literally just slips over your shoulder (no adjusting each time) and you plop the baby in. For us, using this for quick grocery store runs or taking the dog out is a lifesaver.
3) Angel Dear Blankie – This was given to us as a small gift when Presley was born and we didn’t think much of it at the time. We just introduced her to it at about 2 months old, and now they are inseparable. She loves to hold onto it and I can already tell it’s a comforting item for her. For now, I still quietly take it away once she’s asleep for fear of it covering her face but soon it will be with her for all sleepy time activities.
4) Summer Infant Swaddleme – I know these have been posted before but I thought they were worth including again because this is one thing that definitely got us through the first few months and I’ve been buying for all my soon to be mommy friends. Different swaddles work for different babies, but this one is foolproof, stays nice and snug, and doesn’t feel too thick for the warm summer heat.
5) i play Sun Protection Hat – A must to keep baby protected from the sun with the wide brim and SPF. It’s also breathable so they don’t overheat and it looks adorable!
6) Sprout Baby App – I don’t know what I would do each day without this app! I track feedings, sleeping, diaper changes throughout the day and you can also include questions to ask the doctor, growth charts, and milestones. It’s super simple interface and ability to compile the data to see past days and patterns is a lifesaver.
7) Baby Bling Headband – Our girl’s head is somewhere in the 20th percentile for size, so needless to say, many headbands still fall right off. Not only are these super cute, but you can tie the bow tighter to fit, and can then grow with her as well. And they come in tons of fun colors.
8) HoMedics SoundSpa On-The-Go – We depend on white noise for naps and nighttime sleep, and this is great for trips and when we are out of the house. There is an option for the sound to stay on continuously, which the travel sleep sheep, etc, don’t do, which we love.
9) Mom’s One Line a Day – This was a baby shower gift and it’s become such a nice moment for me each day. It has just enough space to write a short thought or memory each day for 5 years. So in the end, you can compare what you and baby were doing and how you’ve grown and changed.
10) Quicksilver Daddy Backpack –
Hubby got this as a Valentine’s Day present from me before Presley arrived. I knew he was going to be a super hands on dad and would not want to carry my girly diaper bag around when he and baby were out and about on their own. It looks and functions like a regular backpack, but includes a changing pad and insulated pocket for bottles so he is always prepared.