Happy Wednesday mama’s! Hope your week is off to a great start. We are back today with another great list of Real Moms Favorite Baby Products. Today’s mama has a really fabulous list full of products I would also recommend as we have had many of the same in our home! Enjoy reading how these products fit into Jenn’s life with sweet little Noa and if you’d like to share your favorites, we would love to have you, here is everything you need to know in order to share!
My name is Jenn and I am a first time mom to a beautiful (almost) 3 month old little girl named Noa. We live in townhouse in Montreal and between the baby and our 2 fur-babies space is limited. I’m always on the lookout for functional and fun baby products that won’t crowd my tiny living room.
1) Miracle Blanket: This is the BEST swaddle blanket we have found. We’ve tried so many different kinds but once we started using this when Noa was about 5 weeks old she started sleeping through the night! It’s so easy to use and keeps her so snug, she loves it and i’m already sad for the day when we will have to stop using it! This is now my go to baby shower gift for any new expecting mom!
2) Dr. Brown’s bottles: Again, we tried multiple different bottle brands and I found that these are the best to control the spit up and gas issues she was experiencing. They do have multiple parts to clean but once you get used to it it goes fast, i’d rather clean bottles then have extra laundry to do!
3) Boppy Newborn Lounger: This is amazing! She loves to hang out on it and play with her toys. I bring it upstairs to the bedroom and she just watches me get ready or we put it next to the table and she watches us eat dinner. It’s so portable and so convienient to put it in whatever room I need it in. The angle is really great also, I don’t have to worry about her being too flat after a feeding if she’s on it.
4) Fisher-Price Discover ‘n Grow Kick and Play Piano Gym: Noa is constantly moving so I knew this would be a big hit with her. She loves to kick and loves hearing the music that she creates whenever she hits the piano keys. She loves to play with the toys on the toy bar and now gets a good grip on them. I can put her down on this and I know I’ll have time to grab a cup of coffee and some breakfast while this keeps her nice and entertained!
5) Fisher-Price Rock n’ Play Sleeper: I first read about this on The Wise Baby and i’m so glad I did. This has been our saviour for the first 2 months. The vibrating featured would soothe her to sleep pretty quickly and she took all of her naps in this as soon as we got home from the hospital. It’s so portable and easy to bring room to room and we even bring it with us when we go visit grandma’s or friends houses. Now that she’s older she is happy to lounge in it and hang out while I throw a load of laundry in or empty the dishwasher!
6) Munchkin Nursery Projector and Sound System: We received this as a gift while we were still in the hospital and have been using it since night one. Since we live on a busy street we knew we would need something to help drown out the traffic sounds outside and this has been perfect. It has 13 different sounds and 3 different projection cartridges and has a voice activation feature. It’s small and portable and have taken it with us on overnight trips, could not live without this.
7) Mamas & Papas Dangly Octopus Activity Toy: I received a few different stroller toys at my baby shower but this one is by far the biggest hit. She plays with this all day, each leg has a different colour pattern or sound effect, there’s even a little mirror that she loves to stare at. I like that it has bold colours and black and white patterns with rattles and different texture fabrics, it keeps her very busy!
8) Mustela Foam Shampoo for Newborns : Noa had a pretty bad case of cradle cap and this shampoo cleared it up very quickly. It worked well to loosen the flakes and prevented new ones from forming while keeping her hair soft and smelling nice. I’ve since ended up changing all of her skincare to this brand and have been so impressed with their line.