Happy Real Mom Wednesday! Today’s mama, Jennifer has one of those lists where your next favorite baby product is coming from – I swear! She has an awesome line up of things that both mama and baby will love. You will find so many helpful and entertaining products per Jennifer’s recommendation so enjoy! If you have products and gear you’d love to share, we’d love to have you! You can find all the details, here!
My name is Jennifer and I am a mama to a sweet and energetic 9 month old named Ava. We live north of Austin, Texas where I am loving every minute of my new role as a stay at home mom. Ava’s interest in her toys changes daily, but here are a few of her very favorites, as well as some products that have made our lives easier, as her parents.
1. Cool Wazoo: We use this handy five-in-one item almost daily. It can be used to cover a high chair, swing, shopping cart and car seat and also serves as a giant changing pad. We don’t go anywhere without our Cool Wazoo!
2. NoseFrida: Ava would not like to see this product on the list, but it is one of Mommy’s favorites! It really works to remove congestion (my polite word for boogers) and it can be sterilized time and again in the dishwasher. I don’t think any baby enjoys having her nose cleaned out, but the NoseFrida is fast and effective.
3. Moncalin flat cat lovie: It’s a bit pricey for a lovie, but it’s the only one you’ll ever need to buy. This adorable faceless cat is super soft and cuddly. You can often find it on Babysteals for half the cost.
4. Indestructibles Books: The truth is in the title. Ava has bent, chewed, wrinkled, dragged, and slobbered on these books and they are none the worse for wear. The books have beautiful artwork with plenty of colors and characters, but no words. It’s fun to make up stories as we go. These books will definitely grow with baby.
5. Robeez: They’re the only socks that have withstood biting, pulling and crawling! Plus, they come in really cute designs for both boys and girls.
6. Ju-Ju-Be Be Light Tote Bag: Admittedly, I am a light packer, and this bag is more than perfect for day trips and running errands. I can fit everything I need – diapers, wipes, a few toys, a blanket, wallet, phone, etc. – with room to spare. The handles are nice and long and the bag is lightweight, making it easy to carry the baby and the groceries without being weighed down by a heavy diaper bag.
7. Lamaze fishbowl: Ava received this toy for Christmas and she hasn’t stopped playing with it a day since. The fishbowl comes with four sea creatures – a crab, goldfish, starfish and clam – and each colorful animal has a unique sound or texture. Ava can often be found crawling around with the crab dangling from her mouth by a claw!
8. Nuby Chewbies: I have spent WAY too much money trying to find the perfect teether. Nuby Chewbies combine the design of a pacifier with the utility of a teether. There are several different textures and surfaces for front teeth as well as emerging molars. It’s been our only consistent winner in the teething department.
9. LeapFrog Shapes And Sharing Picnic Basket: Ava and I “go on a picnic” a few times a week. Right now, our picnics consist of her dumping my plate upside down and slamming the lid on the basket, but she has tons of fun. This is definitely a toy that will grow with us – there are plenty of shapes, colors and songs to keep us occupied for the duration.
10. Ikea Leka cat rattles: This one was the biggest surprise. For $3, you get two cat rattles (one orange, one grey). These cats have been Ava’s favorite toys, by far, for the last few months. It goes to show that price does not always equal value! The best part is that they are machine washable which is fabulous after a few days of heavy chewing. We’ve purchased a set for our 3 month old nephew and he loves them already too!