Happy New Year! It is only fitting our first post of the new year is a Real Moms Favorite products feature. Today’s real mama, Jennifer is sharing her favorites for her just-turned-one daughter, Olivia. Jennifer has a great list of activity based products mixed with more traditional gear products. One of my favorites on her list is the Shutterfly app – for all of wondering what to do with those thousand of pictures we take – here’s our solution! A big thanks to Jennifer and if you are interested in contributing, email me for details. We’d love to share your favorites too.
I am a first time mom to a sweet and beautiful baby girl, Olivia, who will be 1 in early December. We, along with my husband Jared, live in a suburban neighborhood just outside Washington, DC. This has been an incredible year! We’ve had so much fun with Olivia and love watching her grow and discovering new things about her. There are lots of fantastic baby products on the market, but these have become some of our favorites in recent months as Olivia has gotten older.
1. Chewbeads Stack and Play —The makers of the amazing Chewbeads jewelry and teethers have hit another home run with their stack and play toy. Mini teethers in 3 shapes and colors allow for endless safe play for Olivia—no worries if she puts these in her mouth. I also like its sleek and modern design.
2. Eric Carle Nesting Blocks — Who doesn’t love Eric Carle?! These lightweight blocks showcase his beautiful and vibrant illustrations and each side features something different—colors, numbers, animals and shapes— all great teaching tools. Olivia especially loves knocking down the little towers I make!
3. Neat Solutions Neat-Ware Table Topper — These are a must have in my opinion! I keep a stash in my diaper bag so I always have them with me at restaurants. Just peel and stick on the table and Olivia has a clean surface to eat on.
4. BRICA Fold N’ Go Travel Booster Seat — I love this. It’s easy to put on any chair and allows Olivia to sit at the table with the adults. Perfect to take with you to family/friend’s houses who may not have a high chair and great to have on hand at your home as an extra seat for other kids. Folds flat so it’s easy to store.
5. Mustela 2 in 1 Hair & Body Wash — I have tried a few different body washes and shampoos for Olivia and this is my favorite. It smells fresh without being overpowering and leaves her skin incredibly smooth. Using a 2 in 1 for hair and body means fewer bottles in the bathtub area which is also a plus!
6. Nosefrida— I admit, I was a little intimidated and weary of this product the first time I saw it, but when Olivia had a bad cold, I was so happy to have it—it relieved her stuffy nose and congestion considerably. If you’ve never seen/used it, you put the red end in your mouth and the tube against your child’s nostril and literally suck the snot out. Gross sounding, yes. Effective, yes. Chances of your child’s snot getting in your mouth, none.
7. Maxim EverEarth Activity Walker — This is ideal for a new walker and Olivia loves it! While it doesn’t light up or play music (which is a nice change from other toys), it is still stimulating for Olivia to play with while walking or sitting down— gears to turn, a wooden xylophone, shape sorter, peg maze and an interchangeable animal puzzle
9. Shutterfly App for iPhone—While this is not a “baby product,” I have added it to my list because it allows me to easily upload and organize all of the photos I take of Olivia each day right from my iPhone. I can also order prints and photo products quickly and without a computer.
9. LeapFrog Learn & Groove Musical Table — Olivia first played with this at a friend’s house when she was learning to stand and was immediately engaged. We bought one and she is still just as excited to play with it as she was the first time. Lots of buttons and switches to touch, this toy introduces shapes, numbers, and colors among other words and bonus: the language can be set to English or Spanish. You can also remove the legs and younger babies can play with this sitting on the floor.
Thanks again for starting our year off Jennifer! xoxo