Happy Wednesday Wise Mama’s! Today’s real moms post is a really great one. Jenny has an awesome list of super helpful products that fit into all our daily lives. From strollers to colic drops there’s definitely a product that will fit into your daily life on this list. A big thanks to Jenny who is a recent southern transplant to Europe! If you have a list of favorites to share – we would truly love to have you. Here are the details. Email us with any questions.
My name is Jenny and my husband and I recently moved to a bustling city in Eastern Europe with our happy 4 month old son Canaan. Life here is an adventure, but it is so comforting that we have some of our favorite things along for the journey. We are photographers at We Are The Hoffmans, and are frequently on the go. Therefore we try to keep our baby items simple and straightforward. We are also busy blogging about being expats and raising a family overseas, tune in at www.wideeyedwalkers.com
I have been a long time Wise Baby reader and how exciting that we now get to use some of the same products we read about on your site. We followed your guides for urban living and haven’t been disappointed yet! We continue to be inspired from across the globe.
Here are our favorites, mommy, daddy and baby approved.
1. Love To Dream Swaddle Up – Our sweet boy has to be swaddled to sleep well at night. Even from an early age he would fight other swaddlers and break free. With this great (and awesome looking) product, he is able to comfort himself by having his hands by his face. The material is also stretchy, so its easy to layer warm clothes underneath.
2. Jellycat Soft Books, Snowy Tails – I like to call these books Crunchy books, because they make that rustling noise that babies love. Canaan likes to hold them and they keep him entertained for a long time. Plus the “tails” expose him to new textures and the bright colors capture his attention.
3. aden + anais Bamboo Musy Mate Lovey (Grey Elephant) – This is one of Canaan’s favorites. The material is so soft and breathable and he loves to rub the fabric on his face and cuddle with it. It really helps to calm him down when he gets in a fussy and tired state.
4. aden + anais – These products are just too wonderful, can’t say enough things about them. They are probably my favorite baby products on the market. We love most of all, the Burpy Bibs, the Swaddle Blankets and the Stroller Blanket. They only get softer with washing and are so cozy and versatile.
5. Jessica Simpson Lace Trim Ruched Clip Down Nursing Cami – After trying many nursing camis, these are by far my favorite. I think these nursing camis are much more flattering than nursing bras. Plus, they are trendy, fit well, layer well with clothing and offer great support.
6. Boba Carrier, Vail – We wanted a carrier that would grow with Canaan and was comfortable for us to wear for long periods of time. We are photographers and Canaan has joined us on multiple photoshoots since he was a newborn, riding safe in the Boba. He is so cozy and it’s very comfortable for both he and I for long periods of time.
7. Baby Jogger City Mini GT – This is my husband’s favorite baby purchase. After reading about the stroller here on Wise Baby, we knew we wanted it. Living in the city, it doesn’t take up much space, but is also versatile enough to take on walking trails. Our wheels are dusty from constant use.
8. Medela Symphony Breast Pump Rental – Having this hospital grade pump for the first 8 weeks was a huge lifesaver. We had a lot of breastfeeding problems early on, from tongue tie to mastitis to torticollis, which required frequent pumping. Having a great pump was essential in keeping up my milk supply during these challenging days and getting us through mastitis. I will rent one for all my future babies.
9. Boppy Infant and Toddler Head Support – Canaan was born with torticollis, aka “twisted neck,” which meant it was hard for him to keep his head straight and he was only able to turn his head to one side. This also made nursing difficult, so we had to do a lot of things to build those neck muscles. One of those things was making sure his neck remained straight. Before the move overseas we were traveling a lot in the car, so we purchased this head support and it really helped him to gain neck strength and keep his head in a good position. We used it in the car seat, the stroller and even in his bouncy seat.
10. Gerber Soothe Colic Drops – Canaan was never officially diagnosed with colic, but around 6 weeks was fussy, gassy and uncomfortable. Our pediatrician recommended the Gerber soothe drops. They really are just a great probiotic, which we really felt we needed because his immune system was exposed to antibiotics when I came down with mastitis. Within just a few days of using these drops we had a different baby.