Hey Mama’s! It is Wednesday already. I swear the days fly by in the warmer weather. I know I say it every week but yet again, we have an awesome list from real mama, Jessica. She has a great list full of awesome gear and how it fits into her small space living, on-the-go lifestyle. I know you will find some useful thoughts here so enjoy it and we’d love to have your expertise, too! All of the details needed to submit are right here for ya.
Hi there! I am an Ohio-born mommy of a Texas-born baby. I work out of my home for the video game industry, while my husband is a graduate student. We live in an apartment that is less than 1000 square feet, so we turned our bedroom closet into our daughter’s nursery! (Google this if you are interested, it is totally doable/safe and can even be cute!) I was (and still secretly am, shh) obsessed with baby products, so I hope you will enjoy reading about some of my favorites!
1. Badger Basket Diaper Corner Baby Changing Table with Hamper and Basket: Not only does this save a lot of space (a must when your nursery used to be a closet), but it makes changing the baby so much easier, since you are facing her butt. I wish all changing tables were like this!
2. Whoozems Write n’ Seal Baby Bottle Name Labels: We have to label everything for daycare, and these labels are not only self-laminating, but keep sticking even after multiple washes. They also do not scorch if you sterilize your bottles!
3. Tommee Tippee Pacifiers: I know the bibs get mentioned a lot (and I love the Milk Feeding one in particular), but their pacifiers are also fantastic. They contour to the face/mouth and are the only pacifiers my baby will accept. The night time ones even glow in the dark!
4. Fisher Price Cradle ‘n Swing: I do not know how we would have survived the first year without this swing. It is comfy, powerful, not loud, and soothes baby with music/nature sounds and a mirror/mobile. The only downside is that it does take up a lot of floor space, but a happy snoozing baby was worth it to me. We have the Snugabunny, but pick whatever design you want–they are all great!
5. Baby Brezza Formula Pro One Step Food Maker: Whether you are formula from birth like me, or you switch to formula somewhere along the way, this machine changed my life. The last thing you want to be doing at 3 AM is fumbling around with measuring cups, powder, and water. With this amazing device, all you do is press a button, and in less than 10 seconds, you have a warm bottle of milk! We call it the Baby Keurig. 🙂
6. Mamas & Papas Pixi High Chair: This high chair is SOOO easy to clean because it has no fabric! Jut a soft molded seat that you can wipe down, no cracks or crevices for crumbs to hide in. It also folds flat, which is a great help in our tiny apartment.
7. Baby Trend Diaper Champ Deluxe: No spending lots of money on special refills–you can use any garbage bag with these! Durable and hides the smell.
8. Joovy Scooter Stroller: I love the giant canopy on this stroller (and I have yet to see a bigger one), which is a must in the Texas sun. I also love the adjustable handlebar (great for 5’6″ me and 6’3″ husband), and the generous storage basket. If you want something lighter, Joovy also makes umbrella strollers (the Joovy Groove and the Joovy Ultralight) that have many of the same features (including the giant canopy).
9. NoseFrida: Everybody says this one, but I will say it again. First, you will look at this and say, “No way, never, not me, gross!” Then you will go buy it, use it, and wonder why you waited so long. Never got snot in my mouth, always got it all out of her nose. I actually find it less gross than using the aspirator/tissues/wipes/tweezers/my own fingers trying to get at the boogies (and baby certainly appreciates how much less time it takes!)
10. Boogie Wipes : Another in the “nose cleaning” category, but also another must have. 🙂 These are no ordinary wipes–they are soaked in saline! So you don’t have to use the nose sprays or drips or anything. Just swipe baby with these and you will both wipe and unstuff her nose at the same time! You can get them unscented or grape-scented.