Happy Real Moms Wednesday! Today we have a super sweet lady, Jillian sharing her favorite baby gear with us. I love her list because it is full of products that make parents lives easier. You’ll see further validation for some old favorites and a couple newer products I love to see pop up here (like #2)! Enjoy today’s feature and if you would like to contribute, we would love to have you and always need volunteers. You can find all the easy details, here.
Hello! I’m Jillian, proud mom to my handsome 3 month old son Mark Jr. We live in St. Louis, Missouri in a 2,100 sq ft. home. My husband and I are first time parents so we did a lot of research before selecting baby gear. This blog helped a bunch! We are always on the go and these products quickly became our favorites!
1. Fischer Price Deluxe Newborn Auto Rock ‘n Play Sleeping in Safari Dreams: I know everyone says how much they love their rock ‘n play but they really are the greatest. Mark Jr. loves that this one auto rocks and has 2 settings for nap and nightime sleep. No batteries required! I love that it can fold up flat to easily bring over to grandma and grandpa’s house. The pattern is also really pretty.
2. Love To Dream Swaddle Up: We stopped traditional swaddling when Mark was about 6 weeks old because he loved sleeping with his hands above his head when taking his naps and I felt too bad to keep holding them down. We transitioned to this swaddle because he is able to keep his hands up and self soothe without flailing about in his sleep. BONUS: There is a little opening in the back to easily check for dirty diapers.
3. WubbaNubs: We started using this right when we got home from the hospital. They are great because they are weighted so it stays in Mark’s mouth a little better. I always keep one in his carseat so I am never stuck searching for a pacifier when we are out and about.
4. Pottery Barn plush thumbie and flannel swaddle set: These blankets are amazing! They are so soft and light weight which is perfect for the summer. I love how small they fold up so they don’t take up a bunch of room in the diaper bag. They are the perfect size for keeping Mark’s toes covered in his carseat. We haven’t started using the thumbie yet but it is extremely soft.
5. Freshly Picked Baby Moccasins: These are not a must have by any means but I LOVE them. They are so cute and the quality is outstanding. Mark Jr. gets so many compliments when he is wearing them. I love that they stay on his feet really well.
6. Boppy Newborn Lounger: We use this all of the time! When Mark was a newborn I would take this all over the house to keep him near. I also brought it to friends/family so he wouldnt have to sit in his carseat if everyone was eating or he fell asleep. In the evening we would set it in bed with us when cuddling with Mark before we put him down to bed.
7. Pottery Barn Chamois Changing Pad Cover: This is the softest changing pad cover. I love that it can easily wipe clean if Mark spits up while I am changing his diaper (this happens often).
8. Lamaze, Mortimer the Moose: We clipped Mortimer to the handle of Mark’s carseat and he loves to look up at the black and white patterns on the bottom of Mortimer’s feet. Mortimer also squeaks when squeezed and his antlers are rubber for teething!
9. Boon Clutch Dishwasher Basket: I love that the nipples and pacifiers don’t end up all over the dishwasher. Plus it doesn’t take up a whole bunch of space in the dishwasher.