Happy Wednesday! We are back with our always informative weekly, real moms favorite’s post. Today’s mama has a great list that I know you’ll love. Has anyone else tried the zipper sheets? How handy would this eve for middle of the new crib sheet changes? Enjoy wise mama, Katherine’s list and if you’d like to share yours – we’d love to have you. Check out the details, here. xo
Hi, I’m Katherine and I have a sweet 5 1/2 month old daughter named Scarlett. We live in the suburbs of Philadelphia with my husband and two dogs. I’ve used The Wise Baby time and time again as a resource for choosing products for Scarlett. Some of these products were well researched and others were lucky accidents. I’m happy to share them with other first time moms like me!
1. Bobee Diaper Stacker – This isn’t necessarily a must have but I thought I’d share it because it is so convenient. I registered for this thinking it could be useful but it wasn’t something I’d go out and buy for myself. Fortunately a friend bought it for us. It stores diapers and wipes and makes them easy to grab while saving space on our changing surface for other items.
2. Total Baby App – I don’t know how many other moms are still recording their babies’ milk intake and diaper changes at 5 months but this app makes it so easy! I’ve been using this app since Scarlett’s
first month. It gives you the ability to time nursings, keep track of pumped milk storage, dirty diapers, and even record activities like baths or tummy time.
3. Lamaze Freddie the Firefly– This is one of the first toys that Scarlett really responded to. It has all the bells and whistles. It’s colorful, has rings for chewing, and various textures but most of all has that crackly, crunchy paper sound that Scarlett loves to grab. She can play with it alone or hooked onto the top of her activity gym.
4. Baby Merlin Magic Sleepsuit – At around 3 and a half months, Scarlett was ready to transition out of her swaddle but unable to sleep well without one. Enter Merlin’s Magic Sleepsuit! While it looks ridiculous, it did help her stay asleep by muffling any movements that might normally startle her awake. Scarlett was able to sleep through the night, just as she had in her swaddle. She wore it until she started rolling over in the crib. At that point, because of the thickness of the material, it was no longer safe to wear it. Without the Sleep Suit, I think that it would have been a much harder transition to go from swaddling to wearing pajamas.
5. Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Shampoo & Wash – I received this at my baby shower. It lathers really nicely without irritating Scarlett’s eyes. It smells so good that I’d use it myself!
6. Zippy Bibs – I love these bibs! When Scarlett started spitting up more often, bibs became a necessity. These come in lots of cute colors and patterns and the bandana design makes them look like a fashion statement.
7. Carter’s Onesies– Scarlett is long and lean and the Carter’s onesies fit her better than any other brand. The prices are reasonable so I can stock up on packs of five whenever she is ready to move up a size.
8. QuickZip Crib Zipper Sheet– Anytime I have to change Scarlett’s sheets I am thankful I have these! I never have to deal with getting the mattress in and out of the crib. The colors are limited but since we have a patterned crib skirt and rail cover, I planned to use a solid color for her sheets anyway.