Happy real mama day! Today we have a fellow New Yorker – which I always love hearing from because people in NYC live in small spaces and baby gear can take up LOTS of it. Katherine has some super smart picks that would really work for any lifestyle. Enjoy her fab list and if you have products you think other moms would love – please share them with us! All of the details can be found, here.
I am a new mom to a gorgeous and delicious baby girl, Georgina Rose (we call her Georgie, or sometimes George – the adorable nicknames are endless!). We live in New York City in a one bedroom apartment. Luckily for us, we have an office alcove outside of our bedroom, so when we found out I was pregnant, we removed the build-in desk, replaced it with a crib and voila – instant city nursery! Since we don’t have a ton of space, we prefer products that aren’t too bulky and that have a great look to them, as many are on display in our living room.
1. Hanna Andersson Onesies – I have a drawer stocked with these! My favorite aspect is the organic cotton, but I also love the colors and the fact that you can get socks, blankets and hats to match.
2. 3 Sprouts Storage Caddy, Mouse – We keep a portable changing pad in our living room so we don’t always need to go back into the nursery for changing, and stock our diapers, wipes and cream in this storage caddy. Since we brought Georgie home from the hospital, she has LOVED staring at the mouse on the front – we’ve even named him! She now spends chunks of her day staring at him and talking to him – the best $15 we could have spent!
3. Marpac Sound Machine – Since we are in an apartment, we make sure the sound machine is on for naps and bedtime so we don’t have to worry so much about making noise and disturbing the baby. Plus, I think she finds the fan sound soothing.
4. aden + anais Burpy Bib – Georgie doesn’t wear these yet, but I always have one nearby to catch any spit up that may arise when burping her. They’re so soft and the patterns are adorable.
5. Baby Feed App – Since I can’t seem to remember what happened last week, let alone four hours ago, this is essential for keeping track of feeds and sleep. I also love looking at the ‘analyze’ tab which charts everything and allows you to pick up on any patterns so you can guide baby into a bit of a schedule.
6. Cake Lingerie Maternity Nursing Bra – These are the best! I have a range of colors and absolutely love them for their mega comfort and ease of use. Plus they hold up amazingly well wash after wash.
7. Solly Baby Wrap – Such a fan favorite, but I had to mention because it’s the absolute best! I’ll be buying one for every friend that gets pregnant! It’s so comfortable and I love being snuggled up to my babe while also having both hands free (she’s actually snoozing away in the wrap right now as I type). I have the grey and white stripe which matches everything, and I love knowing that Georgie is getting the closeness she needs during her ‘fourth trimester’.
8. Rocking Chair – I’m so glad we decided to splurge on our rocking chair. It’s become such a lovely place to sit with our baby girl, and it works perfectly with our existing living room decor.
9. Camelbak Glass Water Bottle – It’s incredible how thirsty you get the minute your baby starts nursing! I make sure my water bottle is always filled up and nearby, and I love having one that’s made of glass, and also has a pop-up straw for easy drinking.
10. Happy Lamb Fleece Topper – This was one of the best gifts we received. It instantly cozies up the stroller when we’re out for walks, and when we’re home, we put it on the floor with a knit blanket on top for play time and tummy time.
11. BABYBJORN Bouncer Balance Soft & Wooden Toy Bar – We prefer our baby gear to be as simplistic as possible, and purposely chose this seat over some of the others with more bells and whistles. Georgie loves kicking her little legs in it, and is starting to play around with the sweet wooden toy bar we attached to the front. As a bonus, it’s so easy to fold and store, or throw in the car for weekends away at grandma and grandpa’s house.