Today’s real mama Wednesday is a super fun one! Wise mama, Katherine, shared her favorites when she was pregnant with her adorable little man and seven months later she is back sharing her favorite baby gear with us. Enjoy her great list of space saving but super functional products. We always need volunteers and would love to see your favorite baby products – here are all the details but you can always email me for more info!
I am a first time mom to adorable, busy, seven month-old Charlie. We live in Dallas in a 900 sq ft, 2-bedroom apartment. My husband and I wanted to find items that would help us maximize our space and we could find double use out of. We did lots of research and were able to borrow a few items from friends since we don’t have the space to store items longterm. Here are our favorites:
1. Arm’s Reach Co-Sleeper Mini – We were able to borrow this from a friend and I am so grateful to have had it! While Charlie has already moved to the crib in his nursery (at two months he was outgrowing the co-sleeper), the co-sleeper was invaluable when we brought him home. I appreciated that I could see him from the bed and it was easy to nurse in the middle of the night. We added the leg extensions and layered the sheets with these organic lap pads in order to make the “mattress” a little softer.
2. Cloud b Sleep Sheep – This is a great white noise machine, and cute too! Not only does it help Charlie calm down to go to sleep, but when Charlie was in the co-sleeper, it helped mask his sweet baby noises so mom and dad could go to sleep easily too! We all love the rain sound!
3. Boppy-The Boppy has been a lifesaver for me while nursing. When I have had to hold Charlie in my arms to nurse him when we are out and about, it is such a struggle for us both. I didn’t use the Boppy as much at the hospital, but have definitely gotten good use of it since. I wish I could take it with me everywhere.
4. Puj Tub– What a brilliant little bath tub, and the ultimate in space saving! It’s size is decieving, but it folds together and stays in place with magnets while you bathe baby. When it is not in use, it hangs on a tack behind the bathroom door. This was great for our small space until Charlie was ready to sit up in the big bath tub.
5. Fisher Price Luminosity Bouncer -We decided we don’t have the space for a swing, but we did get this bouncer. It has the vibration feature which helped Charlie to calm down and sometimes nap. He loved the rattles on the attachment and often sat in this chair for bottle feeding him too.
6. Moby Wrap -I recently traveled with Charlie by myself and needed to figure out how to get Charlie through the airport along with our luggage and car seat. He didn’t love the Moby at first, but after some practice, he become comfortable in the Moby and even fell asleep! The Moby is great because it folds or rolls up easily and doesn’t take up much space.
7. Gerber Cloth Diapers (as burp cloths) -These are great to have on hand to wipe up spit up and excessive baby drool. Charlie also loves the texture and always keeps hold of one in his car seat or during a diaper change. We received these as a gift with a swatch of fabric sewn down the middle to match his nursery. These were a great gift!
8. BOB Motion Stroller -We bought this stroller after testing out several of the BOB designs. I did not love the steering of the single front wheel strollers, and neither of us are runners, so this stroller is great for us. I am able to steer it easily with one hand when Charlie needs to be held. It’s a bit heavy to carry from house to car, but totally worth it for the ease of use when out and about. I LOVE this stroller!
9. The First Years Stacking Up Cups– Charlie is on the move! To encourage his crawling and development, we built towers for him to knock down. He loved to crawl across the room to knock down the tower–no tower is safe in this house! It had the added benefit of working out his energy for a good night’s sleep!