Happy Wednesday Wise one’s! I am really excited about today’s real moms favorite’s. Today’s mama is expecting her first little one and is sharing her pregnancy must have’s – awesome, right? We have so many awesome real mom’s favorites but very few pregnancy favorites so this is a welcome addition. And a note to all you mama’s to be that we’d love see your favorites, too! You can find everything you need to know about being a part of real mom Wednesday’s, here. We are in serious need of volunteers and you can always email me with questions. xo
I am a first time pregnant mama to a very active baby boy (21 weeks). I live in Dallas with my husaband in a 900 sq ft, 2-bedroom apartment. While we are preparing for our little one to arrive, these are the products that have helped me the last 5 months!
1. Storq bundle – A great new line of maternity clothing that has provided great foundational pieces for my maternity wardrobe and grows with me from beginning to end!
2. San Fransisco Salt Company Epsom Salt -this has been great for relaxing baths in the evenings to help relieve pregnancy headaches and when the sleepless nights started, helped me to get a good night’s sleep!
3. Organic Coconut Water -with a splash of lemon juice and a bit of water, coconut water has helped to balance electrolytes and relieve those pregnancy headaches. I can’t make it through a headache without it!
4. Stability Ball-when the back pain and dull tailbone pain started as my baby bump started to grow and stretch, sitting on the stability ball has helped me to sit more comfortably and to relax. A few minutes every night has been a huge help!
5. Charmin Double Roll Toilet Paper -I mean really. After going to the bathroom 2 or 3 times a night, I was changing the roll every 4 days. I finally switched to the double rolls and my trip to the supply closet is now only once every two weeks!
6. Ina May’s Guide to Breastfeeding and Childbirth -reading these has really prepared me more than any other books for delivery and breastfeeding. You learn so much from these books, no matter how you are planning to deliver.
7. Bump Nest Pregnancy Pillow – It’s a must for those unformfortable nights when you can’t sleep on your stomach anymore and multiple pillows just aren’t working!
8. The Wise Baby registry guides–there are so many lists available online, but The Wise Baby Registry guides helped me narrow down the best products for our small apartment. My husband took the stroller lists and picked our stroller and car seat and then I studied the registry sections in small bits at a time so I wouldn’t become overwhelmed by all the products needed for raising baby!