Real Mom Wednesday – yay! I know lots of you love Wednesday’s as much as I do and today’s mama, Katie doesn’t disappoint with her list of favorite products for her three month old sweet pea, Elsie. As a self proclaimed “baby gear minimalist” her list is full of space saving products that will last through the years. A big thanks to Katie for sharing her list and if you have some favorites you’d like to share – email me for the details, we’d love to have you!
I am the lucky mama of a sweet baby girl named Elsie. At three and a half months, she’s becoming quite the chatterbox, forming some delicious fat rolls on her chunky thighs and growing much faster than I can bear.
When I was pregnant with Elsie, we moved into our dream home in a mountainous suburb of Salt Lake City. Although we aren’t short on space, my husband and I are rather particular when it comes to the baby items we purchase, favoring quality over quantity and opting for products that are efficient, pragmatic and well suited for our lifestyle. Just three months into motherhood, I already have a slew of items I couldn’t live without; here are some of my favorites!
1. Baby Jogger City Select – We have high hopes for baby #2 in the future, so we began our search for the perfect stroller with convertible models that can grow with our family. We liked the flexibility and practicality they afford; we can use it as a single stroller for now and convert it to a double when we need one. Of all the models we looked at, the City Select was by far our favorite. It’s not the smallest stroller, but it’s durable, easy to collapse and highly maneuverable. We especially like that it offers more than 16 different stroller configurations. This ensures no matter when we have our second baby, there’s a configuration that will work for us.
2. JJ Cole Urban Bundle Me – This is a must-have for winter babies! Elsie was born just as the weather was turning cold here in Utah. The BundleMe is a blanket-style car seat cover that protects her from the cold and wind. The outer nylon material is water-resistant and the inside lining is soft and plush. The BundleMe has become a permanent fixture on her carrier and we ended up buying two of these so we can easily swap one out for the other when it’s time for a wash.
3. Summer Infant Swaddleme– Any first-time mom knows that swaddling is an art that takes some practice and in those early days with a newborn, I struggled with achieving the perfect wrap. With Elsie, the tighter the swaddle, the better. The SwaddleMe makes it easy to get a snug wrap that she can’t break out of, which saved me a lot of time and frustration, especially after nighttime feedings.
4. Timi & Leslie Abby Bag – I wanted a stylish diaper bag that didn’t look like a diaper bag and the Timi & Leslie Abby fit the bill perfectly. I love the way it looks and how functional it is. It has tons of pockets for organized storage and comes with a variety of useful accessories (the changing pad and zippered sac for soiled clothes have been particularly handy when we’re away from home). Plus, it’s easy to clean and has a detachable strap so I can use it as a crossbody bag.
5. Johnson’s Hand & Face Wipes – Elsie recently discovered the joy of sucking on her fingers, so I constantly use these wipes to keep her (and my) hands clean and germ-free. The package is compact enough to carry around in my bag and they smell great, too!
6. Lucy Darling Monthly Stickers
These baby monthly stickers are absolutely darling and such a fun way to document Elsie’s growth throughout her first year. The stickers (which come in a variety of designs) along with a pack of white onesies have become my go-to baby shower gift, which is always a hit!
7. Inglesina Fast Table Chair – I wasn’t keen on a traditional high chair that would just sit in the corner of our kitchen and take up floor space. We use this table chair on our large kitchen island that has an overhang on one side. Elsie has just started using it and she loves it! She likes to sit up and will happily watch us while we cook and eat dinner. A big bonus of this chair is that it’s portable; we’ve already taken it to grandma’s house and I’m especially looking forward to using it on our camping trips this summer.
8. Tommee Tippee Bottles – We introduced a bottle when Elsie was just three weeks old. I primarily breastfeed but we wanted her to be able to take a bottle so my husband could also bond with her and for the rare occasion when I would need to leave her. We tried various brands but the Tommee Tippee bottle worked the best and enables a seamless transition between bottle and breast.
Thanks again Katie, for the fabulous list of products and your awesome product descriptions!