Today’s real mama is a lady after my own heart! So many of her favorites would make my list, too. The Bump Nest pillow is one of my favs as is the Whoozit – I know you’ll enjoy reading about Katie’s favorites for her sweet little guy Eli and if you’d like to share your favorites with mama’s everywhere, email me for the easy peasy details!
I am a first time mom to the best 3 month old little guy, Eli. We live in the upper midwest (read: COLD!) in a 2,000 SF home just outside city limits. I read so many reviews on the Wise Baby, and spoke with other moms to curate a collection of baby essentials that wouldn’t totally overcrowd our home and keep mom, dad and baby happy and comfortable!
1. Baby Connect App for iPhone. I love this app for tracking all of Eli’s feedings and diapers, along with storing important phone numbers and noting big milestones. It makes trips to the doctors office a breeze- I can refer to the charts it produces in order to help them track his growth, and has been most helpful with timing Eli’s nursing sessions.
2. Bump Nest Pregnancy Pillow. This was a LIFESAVER during and after my pregnancy. It eliminated almost all of my sleeping discomfort while I was pregnant (I was a stomach sleeper and had a difficult time getting rest on my side without it). It also came in handy while I was recovering from my c-section and forced to sleep on the couch for 2 weeks. I was able to easily get myself up in the middle of the night while sleeping with it. My husband actually also used it recently while recovering from a back injury, so it’s great for the entire family
3. Manhattan Toy Whoozit (12 Inch): Eli loves his Whoozit! He could look at it forever, and it produces lots of smiles. I like that its small enough to fit in the diaper bag to take it with us.
4. Elizabeth Dehn for One Love Organics Active Moisture Vitamin E Eye Balm. This is one for the moms–an eye cream that works like a dream! I have been slathering this on each night, and I get so many people telling me how well rested I look (believe me, I’m not sleeping through the night) and I’m convinced its thanks to this! It is also super concentrated, so a little goes a long way and the pot will last you for all of those sleepless nights…
5. Just Born Patchwork Popcorn Blanket. This is the perfect blanket for a winter baby, especially when most of our days have topped out below zero. It keeps Eli so nice and warm, and is really soft and durable to boot!
6. Old Navy little bundles socks. These socks stay put on Eli’s little feet and they hold up really well in the wash. They are also under $10 for 3 pairs so how can you go wrong?
7. Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother’s Milk. I had a difficult time with breast feeding in the beginning. Eli and I made many trips to the lactation consultant who recommended this tea to encourage hydration and help with my supply. It’s been so bitterly cold here and a cup of tea really hits the spot instead of ice water. I think it tastes great too!
Thanks again for the great list, Katie! xoxo