Happy Wednesday! Today’s real mama post is AWESOME! Seriously, it really needs no introduction but mama Kelly has a great line up of products she is used on both of her darling little babies. I bought the bibs as I worked on the post and have a few more of her awesome picks waiting in my Amazon cart so enjoy these great product recs! And if you have favorites to share, I would love to share them. Email me for the easy details!
I’m the proud mama to 23 month old Delaney and 6 month old Finn! I work full-time so any item that makes the quality of my time at home with the munchkins better is worth it’s weight in gold. We live in the suburbs of Pittsburgh and love gear that is not only super functional, but compliments the aesthetic of our home and lifestyle. My babies have been near opposites in their newborn/ infant behaviors and preferences– one hated to be swaddled while the other wouldn’t sleep more than 11 minutes without a tight swaddle, etc. With that said, here are my must haves that have made our lives easier and worked great for BOTH munchkins!
1. Boon Flair High Chair – I LOVE this chair! We have two and use it for both the toddler and infant, which says a lot that it fits both sized children comfortably. It’s works great because we can wheel them between the kitchen and dining room (even while occupied) depending on where we’re eating, yet take up a fairly small footprint for having two in each room. The best feature is how easy they are to clean- stains and food stuck in nooks are near impossible with this chair. I registered and used a different lightweight high chair that folded really compact for my daughter previously- it was nice, but in reality we rarely fold a high chair up because it can be used up to three times a day. The Flair was a bit of a splurge (especially for two), but worth every penny!
2. Comotomo Teether – I tried some frozen teether options with my first, but the silicone route has worked best for both munchkins. This is easy to throw in the diaper bag, crib, dishwasher, etc.
3. Crane Drop Shape Humidifier – This is in both munchkins rooms! Between running the furnace in the winter months (dry heat) and our share of runny noses and coughs lovingly shared at the sitter’s, this has helped fend off and nurse sore throats and germs.
4. BABYBJORN Bouncer Balance Soft – We’ve never had a swing or other bouncer chair, maybe because this has worked out great as a place to “sit” a baby down. Both of my munchkins have had pretty good head control so were able to use this seat starting at just a couple of weeks old. It’s super lightweight and we move it room to room easily. When not in use, it can fold completely flat and be stored away. Because it folds so flat we’ve even packed it in the trunk for traveling. The cover slides on and off smoothly and can be washed and dried at home too.
5. Dapple Bottle Soap – I’ve washed a lot of bottles in the last two years and swear by this soap. Occasionally I will put bottles in the dishwasher, but think they actually look more clean with hand washing and this soap. It gets the job done perfectly whether it’s breast milk or specialized sticky formula in the bottle. Doesn’t leave any residue and is fragrance free.
6. Solly Baby Wrap – This wrap is amazing in style, ease and functionality. I previously was gifted a Moby wrap, but found the fabric bulky in weight and length. The Solly Baby is super easy to use after just a few practices, totally breathable so you’re not sweating from wearing an 18lb baby (my Finn!) and super stylish on top of that. Going grocery shopping or those weekly Target runs are made possible with two under two thanks to this wrap. I wish I could justify needing more than one so I could order all of the beautiful colors!
7. Tommee Tippee Easi Roll Bib – There’s a theme here- easy to clean! Like the high chair, I’ve learned by experience the degree of messiness that can accompany meal times. Cloth bibs have shortfalls getting stained and needing washed after most meals. I’ve used the same set of these bibs for over a year. They can catch spills, but best of all I just rinse them in the sink after each meal. About once a week they also go in the top rack of the dishwasher.
8. DSLR camera – I had a basic point and shoot camera until my daughter was about 8 months old and constantly on the move. I wasn’t able to take the clear pictures of her I wanted. I purchased a Nikon D3100 and took a class to learn how to use the camera in manual mode. Over a year and thousands of pictures later, I couldn’t be happier with this purchase and my time invested to learn how to use it well. The grandmas are especially happy with all of the beautiful photos they get showered with!
9. Inchbug Orbit Labels – Both of my munchkins are cared for outside the home while I work. Packing their meals and supplies for each day is a chore itself (props to my husband who takes care of this most days)! These labels keep our bottles and sippy cups easily identified at the sitter’s and make sure they always come home in our bag. They slide easily on and off and can be washed in the dishwasher as needed.
10. Kolcraft Wonderbug Activity Center – As a naive expecting first time mom, I did not register for an activity center, jumperoo, etc. Mainly because they took up a bunch of space…. thankfully I was gifted one when my daughter was about six months old. I couldn’t even begin to guess the number of hours of use we’ve gotten from this in the last two years. Five minutes while you change a load of laundry or twenty minutes so you can cook dinner- it’s been a great safe, entertaining and developmentally friendly addition to our gear. Both of my munchkins plus my niece and nephew have used this same piece and it’s still going strong!