Happy Wednesday wise mama’s! I hope your week is off to a good start. Today’s real mama has a fabulous list of products that we don’t see all too often around these parts and Kelly intended it that way! She has a great list of things that I know you all will love her list, in particular, I love the Ikea play gym and if there ever is a Wise Baby #3 that will make its way in to our home! What about you, what are some of your favorites Kelly listed? If you are interested in being featured we would LOVE to have you. You can see all the details required to submit on our new real mom favorite’s details page! Take the info from there and email it directly to me.
Hi, I’m Kelly and I live in the Philadelphia suburbs with my husband and 8 month old daughter, whose name is Charlotte. A lot of my favorite products have been featured on Wise Baby already: the BOB stroller, Ergo carrier, Aiden & Anais blankets, Halo sleep sacks, and BumGenius cloth diapers. I tried to make my list include a few other great things that Charlotte and I love, in hopes that some of them might be new and intriguing to all of you.
1. Angel Dear Cuddle Twin Set: We bought the twin set of these small, soft lovies, and introduced them both when Charlotte was about four months old because she was having a very hard time settling herself down for night time sleep. Her owl is now a consistent part of our bedtime (and nap time!) routine and we feel comfortable knowing that since we have two identical owls we won’t be in a bind if one gets lost. (Hint: Angel Dear makes TONS of different animals that are totally adorable. I chose the owls because they’re brown and hopefully won’t show dirt over time. Unfortunately, Charlotte loves sucking on and playing with the tags. Which are white.Ha!)
2. Baby Deedee Sleep Nest. Ever since we stopped swaddling around 4 months, we’ve still loved having Charlotte sleep in something cozy. This sleeping-bag-esque sack is warm and totally perfect for our growing girl. She sleeps in it for naps and at night. It allows her hips to move freely and she can roll around to settle herself down to sleep. Soon we’ll need to get another one in the next size up!
3. Hello Baby High Contrast Board books. We have lots of board books, but these are Charlotte’s absolute favorites. She can read them multiple times a day without getting bored and loves patting the pages and looking at the pictures.
4. Kanga Care Diaper Wet Bag. We use cloth diapers, but even if you use disposables, this bag is super handy! We used it a ton this summer for carrying wet swimsuits home from the pool. It’s also great for keeping dirty or wet clothes away from all the clean stuff in your diaper bag.
5. Summer Infant Comfy Bath Sponge. I don’t think you can find a “baby bath” less expensive than this one. We used it in our regular sized bathtub from the earliest days of baby-washing. With just an inch or two of water in the tub, Charlotte would lay on this soft foam mat and happily kick away while we scrubbed her clean. Once she started sitting up in the tub, we just put it underneath her so she wouldn’t slip around.
6. IKEA play gym. We’ve gotten a full 8 months use out of this beautiful, eye-catching baby gym. From birth Charlotte enjoyed batting at the hanging toys. Now she likes to stand (with help) and pick up the round circles on top and let them crash back down. Personally, I’m a big fan of this toy because it looks nice and isn’t made of bold, gaudy plastic.
7. The Baby-Led Weaning Cookbook. We LOVE baby led weaning! Charlotte is (so far!) an excellent eater and we’ve really loved using this cookbook as a reference along the way.
7. Baby Mantra products + Coconut oil. These are the only two things we use on Charlotte’s skin. Right before she was born, I read about putting coconut oil on her bottom to prevent newborn meconium from sticking so badly. We used it from the first diaper change and it really worked!! Now we use coconut oil once or twice a day to keep her skin smooth. She has never had a single bit of diaper rash and her skin is always super soft. The Baby Mantra newborn body wash & calming lotion are extra gentle on baby skin and have such a nice, natural scent.