Happy real mama Wednesday! Today’s mama is sweet as can be, paying it forward by sharing her awesome list of favorite baby products. She has a list full of great finds for mama and products that make busy new moms life easier. Enjoy her wonderful list, we hope it helps you swift through the thousands of baby products and if you’d like to pay if forward like Kelly, here are the easy details!
My name is Kelly and I am a first time mama to an energetic four month old little man named Sam. We live in Homer Glen, IL, a suburb of Chicago, where I work full time and am exclusively breastfeeding but am very lucky to have a flexible schedule so I am perpetually jumping between work and home, nursing and pumping. Additionally we are hoping Sam is the first of more babies so I love anything that can be used for multiple children and multiple years. Real Moms helped me jump start my registry so I decided to pay it forward and share my picks. Enjoy!
1. Milk Nursingwear – I discovered this line when I was looking for nursing friendly clothes when we took Sam to a family wedding in Florida when he was 6 weeks old. Their clothes are very nursing (and pumping) friendly so I can wear them all day pumping and be ready to nurse Sam as soon as we get home from daycare. Most importantly, they are figure flattering for mamas who aren’t quite back to pre-baby shape and they have some great clothes for both work and casual.
2. The Dairy Fairy Arden bra – I couldn’t live without this. It saves time pumping at work so I don’t have to get into and out of a pumping bra plus again it lets me nurse as soon as I get home.
3. Born Free Bottles – I really wanted to use glass bottles so they could last through multiple children without worrying about the plastic breaking down. However daycare only accepts plastic bottles. With this system, I can use glass bottles at home and plastic at daycare with the same venting system, nipples, etc. It has worked great and we haven’t had any nipple confusion.
4. Woombie Convertible Leggies Baby Swaddle – Sam has always been very long so while he was still content to sleep in his swing, I needed a swaddle that would let me also strap him into the three point harness. Enter the leggie. He had his legs free but his arms were swaddled. He loved these and so did we.
5. Zipadee Zip – this was my most recent discovery. Everyone talks about swaddles but very little is said about how to transition out of them. Sam started to fight the swaddle but if he has his hands free, he wakes himself up. We transitioned Sam out of his swing to his crib and out of his swaddle into the Zipadee Zip at the same time. The first night was rough but since then he has been a great sleeper! He has full mobility but those pesky fingers are kept under cover.
6. Itzbeen Pocket Nanny – I lived by this when Sam first came home to help figure out his patterns. I put it away for a while but recently took it back out when I found my milk supply was decreasing. My lactation consultant suggested nursing or pumping every hour to increase my supply. With this handy timer, I can track how long he goes between eating as well as set my hour timer so if Sam isn’t awake or doesn’t want to nurse, I can pump and stay on track. It helped me double my production in less than a week!
7. Levana Ovia Video Monitor – I love the fact that you can add up to 4 cameras on to one monitor so as we add kids, I don’t have to have multiple monitors. I also love the PEEP mode which turns the video on when it detects the sound reaches a certain chosen threshold. I know when the video turns on Sam has woken up. Saves the battery and my sanity.
8 Baby Jogger City Select – when I found this stroller, I decided it was the only stroller I would get and I’m so glad I did. It is fantastic as a single stroller – easy to maneuver and not too big. But I love especially that I can have 3 kids on it (2 in seats and one on the glider board) and that both the seated kids can have decent views.
9. Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun Active Learning Center – this handy toy has different modes from newborn through toddler. Sam loved playing on the mat and when we transitioned him into the exersaucer, he recognized the toys that he played with on the mat and loved seeing them again. I can put him in this now and be able to fold laundry leisurely while he jumps like crazy.
10. Lands End bag – I got this at the suggestion of the Wise Baby for my hospital bag. It was fantastic for that but it is even more useful now when we go on road trips. I use it as my second diaper bag with my nursing pillow, the camera bag, my purse and anything else that won’t fit in our normal diaper bag.