Yay for Real Mom Wednesday! I get so excited to see each and every one of y’all’s favorites pop up in my inbox. It is so fun reading what people love and Kelsey has put together a great list both of her favorites and favorites she has found because of Real Mom Wednesday’s! So I know that you’ll love reading through her list and as with all real mom features, we hope Kelsey’s favorites help you decide what is best for you and your little one’s! And if you’d like to share your favs, please email me for the easy peasy details!
I am a first time mom to a sweet 5 month old boy, Myers. We live in a quaint three bedroom house in a large neighborhood with our two dogs on the wonderful Mississippi Gulf Coast. My husband and I have been blessed with an easy going baby who is easily entertained. Every day is a new adventure that teaches us so much about being parents. I am an elementary school teacher who stays busy, and I have found Real Mom Wednesdays a blessing since my pregnancy. I tried to put some products that aren’t mentioned much, and by no means is this an exclusive list. I hope my products will be helpful to anyone reading this!
1. Safety First 4 in 1 easy to read thermometer – I am a bit on the odd side, and only trust a true thermometer. I don’t feel like the “stick in the ear” or the “rub on the head” is very trustworthy with an infant. So, I bought this one day while I was at Target on a whim. It works VERY quick and even flashes red if there is a temp. It has saved me many a night!
2. Chicco Little Driver Walker – Now that Myers has control and has gone through the leaps of transitions and events (shout out to the Wonder Weeks app!), he is able to really move in his walker. He has control of his body and loves to push the gears and punch the horn on the car. He also has fun attempting to chase our dogs around. He isn’t very quick yet, but they are in for a treat when he can really move!
3. Bright Stars Lots of Links – I don’t know which mom on The Wise Baby suggested these, but I bought them for Myers last week at Target. I was amazed at his strength to pull them apart. They are now hanging from anything that he plays with at our house and his car seat. He loves to jingle them as well as they make quite the racket! You get 24 of them in one pack, you cannot beat that.
4. Boudreaux’s Butt Paste – By far my favorite diaper rash cream. It literally clears up everything. I put it on Myers every diaper change. It is a little thick, but well worth it.
5. Gap Pajama Sleep Sets – We have a little chunk on our hands, and I could not be more thankful. Myers sweats very easily, so I always worried about how hot he was in the footed pajamas. I was so excited when I discovered he could fit into the 6 month Gap pajama sets. Unfortunately the smallest they make them is 6 months because they are the softest pajamas. It doesn’t hurt that they are adorably cute as well.
6. Angel Dear Blankie – Angel Dear products are so soft. A lot of soothing blankets are big and bulky, but not this one. The Angel Dear Blankie is Myers’s favorite soothing toy besides his dino Wubbanub which gets featured often. To fall asleep he enjoys grasping something which was normally my clothes. I got him to start grasping the puppy blankie, and now he snuggles it at night. It is a comfort that he has already gotten used to.
7. Crane Cool Mist Humidifier – No matter what part of the country you live in you know we have had one terrible cold season. Having an infant during all of this has not been pleasant. When Myers came down with an awful cold my mom recommended a cool mist humidifier. Myers now sleeps with it every night in his room. It has eliminated his coughs, stuffy noses, and my worry.
8. Baby Einstein Sea Dreams Soother +Baby First Aquarium App – The Sea Dreams Soother is a favorite of both Myers and myself. The soothing music plays for about 20 minutes with or without the aquarium on. I turn it on every time Myers goes down for a nap and he sleeps soundly. It also comes with a remote, so you don’t have to walk to the bed to restart it! Listening to it over the monitor helps put me back to sleep too after those wee hour feedings! I also included an aquarium app. We discovered this free app when we were traveling. The music soothes Myers, and he has now figured out how to make the fish move and pop bubbles. It is amazing how much they grow in such a short amount of time.
9. Fisher Price Kick and Play – While searching for Christmas gifts for a 2 month old, I came across this on The Wise Baby. What a life saver it has been. It seems like Myers came out kicking, and what a perfect toy for a baby that kicks. The piano plays music every time they kick, and the toys that dangle from it rattle and shake. Myers particularly loves the one that has the crinkle paper in it and the elephant with the cymbals, so he can chew on them. It is great to see his eyes light up when he realizes he is playing the music.
10. Angel Dear Bath Towel – Another favorite from Angel Dear. This blanket it huge, soft, and thick. With some of the other towels, I get wet instantly when I lay him against me, but not with the Angel Dear. Also, I found that it is the only one that really dries him off fast without him freezing for too long. It is a bit pricey, but well worth the money.
11. (Because I have a hard time narrowing things down!). Moccasins
Myers has several pair of the leather baby moccasins from etsy. (There are many shops that carry them!). They are so easy to put on him and they do not come off easily. They are light weight and very cute. Myers wears his all the time.