No mid week slump around here! We’ve got a great line up of real moms favorite’s from an adorable mama to a sweet little guy, Clay. Kristine has rounded up a great list, a couple first timers which always make things exciting and one of my favorite things every (Amazon Prime). Enjoy Kristine’s list and we always need volunteers and would love to share your favorite’s, too! All the details are right, here.
I am a first-time mom to our smiley and chubby-cheeked son, Clay. While Clay is only two months old, I have quickly fallen in love with these products since they have made the early days easier. Plus, I know that when I was expecting Clay and checking this blog religiously, I cared most about what I needed to have on hand Day 1 when we brought our little guy home. We live in a single family home in a suburb of Chicago and are blessed with the advice and helping
hands of our family and friends near and far.
1. Milkies Milk-Saver– essential for any nursing mom as breastfeeding can become a sticky situation (literally), especially in the early days as you and your little one find your groove! I slip this silicone cup on the opposite side Clay is nursing on and catch about 0.5 ounce of milk at each session. That adds up if you are focused on building a freezer stash! Moreover, it just keeps your stomach and chair dry while you get to business.
2. Boppy Changing Pad Liners– A dear friend (who also recommended the Milkie) told me the first thing she did after bringing her boy home from the hospital was buy more of these liners. Since we have a changing table both upstairs and downstairs in our house (which I
HIGHLY recommend if you have two floors in your home), we stocked up on 2 packs of these (6 liners total). This is not excessive as little boys are known for squirting during changes. These liners save so much time since you don’t have to change the changing pad cover when these
3. Puj Tub– this super flexible and safe foam tub has been great for us. It fits perfectly in our bathroom sink and is a cinch to clean and dry.
4. Happi Tummi– We registered for this on a whim after seeing it on the store shelf, but what an amazing find! The herbal pack smells amazing and literally puts Clay to sleep within seconds. We have used it a handful of times when we suspect he has tummy issues, but I sort of wish I could justify using it more often since the scent makes me feel like I am lounging in an upscale spa.
5. Amazon Prime (or Amazon Mom)– the benefits are endless! The quick deliveries of baby essentials and even of those birthday gifts that you forgot to order sooner because you are in a time warp with a newborn are life-saving! Also, it’s not so bad to have access to the
instant movie and TV library for when your little angel snoozes away in your arms all day long.
7. “What to Expect the First Year“- my sister passed her copy of this down to me. It is a fantastic reference! It is much more detailed than what you can find on Internet sites and has me always looking forward to the next month.
8. Coconut Oil– We have used this both to clear up Clay’s baby acne and for nipple relief from nursing. We purchased a massive two pack of organic virgin coconut oil from Costco, and I have no doubt that we will use it all! There are lists all over Pinterest extolling the
virtues of this as a natural remedy.
9. Tiny Beans app – our cousin in New York began using this a year ago when their first child entered the world as a way to keep in touch with distant family. We began using it during pregnancy to post biweekly pics of my baby bump, but now love to post daily pics of Clay
growing and his little milestones. Family and friends love it too!