Happy Wednesday wise ones! Today we have an all around fabulous and I mean fabulous list of real moms favorite products. Every, single product on Malerie’s list is smart and a total parent helper. The best part is many are multifunctional and very budget friendly. Kudos to Malerie for such an awesome list! If you have you own awesome list to share, send it our way – details, here.
I am a proud first time mom to a rapidly growing 4 month old daughter. Our home is just outside of Tampa, Florida and we love to be outdoors near the water whenever we can! The Wise Baby was a great source of information for me both when planning our registry and now looking forward to different ages and stages…but like all things, some products have proven to be real lifesavers for us!
1. Keekaroo Peanut Diaper Changer – I love that this is so simple to wipe down plus there aren’t any extra covers to buy (and then worry about ruining or replacing because of a stain) so it ends up not being that expensive in the long run. PLUS babies make enough laundry so anything that helps cut down on that is great!!
2. Hudson Baby Muslin Swaddle Blankets – We received several brands of muslin swaddle blankets but these Hudson Baby ones are wonderful quality for the price. I would skip the fancy brand any day and use the extra savings to get a few more of these! They are so versatile plus they have cute prints like hot air balloons!
3. Infantino Unison Newborn Carrier – This is hands down the product I will be giving to all future moms at baby showers! We chose to go with a convertible carseat from the start so we don’t have a stroller and our plan was to babywear. However, our little squish was very small when she was born and I was getting desperate for her to grow enough to safely fit into the k’tan I had registered for. I happened to see another mom out and about with the Infantino Unison one day and got one ASAP. This is one of the only soft structured carriers designed specifically for newborns to maintain the correct ergonomic hip/leg positioning and it has worked so well for us that we grab this exclusively now before we leave the house! Bonus that it is very economically priced and so cozy with the soft fabric.
4. Bath Sponge – We received several baby bath tubs from our shower but at the advice of a seasoned mom I tried out a simple bath sponge with our newborn and it turned out to be a wonderful solution for making baths simple. It helps to keep her warm all around and gives us extra bonding time because we just fill the tub up a few inches and jump in to give her baths so we all have fun. We like it so much that none of the other tubs have even been unboxed yet!
5. Johnson’s Nursing Pads – I had a few flat style nursing pads which I used at first when we got home with the baby and they were rough, loud, bunched up, showed through my clothing, and were just generally awkward to wear. Not so with these Johnson’s contour ones. They are soft and non-irritating, fit in all the ways they should, absorb quite well, and don’t make me feel like there is a diaper in my bra all day!
6. My Baby Book: A Keepsake Journal for Baby’s First Year – I was intimidated by the size and effort that most baby books seemed to require but this has been the perfect baby book for our family. It only takes a few minutes each month to write in our updates and the pre-written questions they have included are simple but thoughtful. There are enough spaces for the key important pictures without it becoming overwhelming and I know we will be able to keep up with filling this out throughout the first year.
7. Buti-pods Wipes Case – I knew I didn’t want to spend extra money on travel sized wipe packages, but after the very first trip out of the house with our massive 60 pack of wipes I immediately came home and researched a wipes case for the diaper bag. We have never had wipes dry out in this, it dispenses perfectly, and is really simple to slip in refills. I also like the lightweight and flexible slim design so its easy to cram in and out of the diaper bag while we are on the go.
8. Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard – We love how simple it is to set up and take down this lightweight play yard so it has been great for trips to the grandparents house plus I can even move it from room to room while set-up on my own. So far our baby has slept in this every night since we came home from the hospital and its great to have her close in our room but still in her own space. The best part is how it is designed with the same inclined sleeper as a rock n play so we were able to avoid an additional piece of baby gear!
9. Forever 21 Classic V-Neck and Solid Camis – I really didn’t want to purchase a whole new wardrobe to accommodate nursing but I did want a bit of coverage for myself so I was on the hunt for a way to make a large portion of my current wardrobe work with breastfeeding. These Forever 21 classic v-neck and solid camis are perfect to just wear under my regular tops and pull down to the side for access as needed. At only $1.90 each and available in a rainbow of pretty colors, I got about a dozen and haven’t had to purchased one piece of “nursing” specific clothing yet!
10. iplay swim diapers & gear – We started a “Mommy & Me” type swim class at a local pool when our daughter was just 9 weeks old and I am so glad I was introduced to this brand of swim diaper through them! The iplay swim diapers have really great prints that I love to have her in and are designed to contain exceptionally well so we don’t have any worries about mess at the pool or beach. Its a bonus that the matching rash guards and hats you can also get are SPF 50+ for extra sun protection.