It is Wednesday already – yahoo for real moms Wednesday! Today’s mama is super sweet and mama to an equally as sweet little lady. Meg has some really great picks in general but specifically for working moms and also a product or two that works great for her little gal in daycare. A big thanks to Meg for sharing her savvy insight! And if you’d like to share your favorites, email me for details – it is super easy and mamas everywhere appreciate so very much (including me)!
My name is Meg and I’m a first-time Mom to the sweetest little love-bug, Charlotte. She is 9-months old and growing way too fast. We live in a semi-rural small town in south central PA in a 1400 square foot ranch-style home.
1. We are lucky enough to have a great breastfeeding relationship. I returned to work full-time when Charlotte was 3 months old and discovered this Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra. It is a serious life saver. It saves my arms and hands and allows me valuable time to respond to emails and makes pumping 3x a day MUCH easier.
2. A Boppy pillow. It seems like such a simple thing, but it’s a necessity in our house. We use it every single day, multiple times a day and it’s great for so many other things besides nursing. We used it for tummy time and to support Charlotte when she was learning to sit up. We invested in a few slipcovers so when one gets dirty we just slip on another cover! This is my go-to gift for new Mom’s.
3. These Zo-Li gum massagers are great now that Charlotte is older and teething. They come in a pack of two, so I keep one in the diaper bag and one by the changing table to distract her while I change her diaper.
4. Stacking Cups. These Fisher-Price ones are Charlotte’s favorite. They can be stacked on top of each other or connected to make a ball to roll around. We keep half the stack in the kitchen to entertain her while we fix dinner and the other half in the living room. She never seems to get bored or tired of these cups and they are the first toy she reaches for in her basket.
5. A Beco Gemini 4-in-1 Carrier. We tried every carrier out there and this one did the trick. It’s comfortable for Mom – I LOVE that I can cross the straps in the back to evenly distribute her weight. And Charlotte loves that she can face out while we walk our dog. Best feature – I can put it on without assistance from someone else. It’s such a nice alternative to a big, bulky stroller.
6. Zutano Booties. Socks never stay on Charlotte’s feet well, and once she was old enough to reach for her feet, there was no hope! We purchased these Zutano Booties on a whim and they are amazing. They stay on and keep her feet warm when she was too little for shoes. We purchased a pair in every color. Our day care provider even asked where they were from and was so impressed with how well they stayed on.
7. This iHome color-changing speaker dock is the trick that got our girl to sleep through the night. We discovered they play music during nap time at day care, so we made a play list for her on one of our old iPods and docked it into this. It changes color so it does double-duty – a night light AND a music player.
8. Skip Hop Pronto Changing Station. This is a wonderful addition to any diaper bag and it doubles as a way to turn any purse or regular bag into a diaper bag. It’s a huge help when we are out and about to not have to lug the entire bag into the bathroom to change a diaper. There are pockets large enough for diapers, wipes and a small toy to keep her distracted.
9. Side-Snap onesies. When Charlotte was younger, getting clothes over her head was a struggle. These side-snap bodysuits solved the problem.
10. MAM Pacifier. We didn’t introduce a pacifier until Charlotte was 6-weeks old and breastfeeding had been well-established. We bought EVERY SINGLE brand of pacifier out there with no luck. Another Mom told me about MAM and sure enough, these are the ONLY ones she will use. An extra bonus – they have really cute designs.
11. Cuisinart Food Processor. This isn’t a ‘baby’ product, but I use it on a regular basis to prepare wholesome, real food for Charlotte. We started using it to make fresh purees and now we use it to chop up fruits and veggies to freeze for easy grab-and-go finger food options. It’s a major time saver.
Thanks again Meg – you are one wise mama! xo
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for helping keep the lights on at The Wise Baby.