Happy Wednesday Wise mama’s and papa’s! Today we have an absolutely fabulous list of real mom favorites. Megan’s list is packed full of some of my own very favorite products. It is so great to hear how some of the very products I love fit so well into others lives. I know you will feel the same so enjoy mama Megan’s awesome favorites for her cutie, Desmond! We always need new volunteers to share their favorites so if you are interested check out the details, here and email me with any questions!
I’m a first time mom to Desmond, who is 6 months old this month. He’s a very active and extremely chunky little ball of personality! For the first 4 months of Desmond’s life, I worked part-time and took him with me to work. When he was just shy of 4 months, I got a call as the full time pastor at a Lutheran church and preschool in the Los Angeles area. So he quickly went from being with me 24/7 to spending a lot of time in the infant classroom at the preschool. That also means I very quickly went from a mostly stay-at-home mom to a full time busy working mom.
We live in the LA area and moved from a 450 sq ft back house to a 900 sq ft back house when we found out I was pregnant with Desmond. We try to keep things simple as much as possible, although that can be tough when trying to learn what the little guy likes or dislikes. Consignment shops are a must for us!
1. Graco Little Lounger – Desmond has mostly outgrown this lounger, but it is great. It’s easy to move around the house, easy to rock, and folds up when not in use. We kept it next to our bed for the four months that he slept in our room.
2. WubbaNub – I thought I’d never give my kid a pacifier. I was wrong. We have a sheep and a red dog version of these. It’s great for when they’re little & they can’t hold the pacifier in on their own.
3. BibTree bandana bibs (etsy) – Desmond gets compliments on these bibs all the time! They’re fashionable, soft, and I love that they have snaps rather than itchy Velcro.
4. Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets – People told us these were great. I thought they were just overpriced blankets.
I picked up a few at a consignment shop & discovered how amazing they are! They were perfect for swaddling during the warm California summer.
5. ZAQ Mini II Litemist Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser – I’ve recently gotten into essential oils. Whether or not there are real health benefits to them, I love trying different mixes to make our house smell nice & to create a calm atmosphere.
6. Ergobaby Original Baby Carrier – I love carrying/wearing him everywhere I go! My husband & I both have used a wide variety of wraps and carriers. At this stage, the Ergobaby is the best for carrying our 20+ pound kid.
7. Skip Hop Pronto Changing Station – This was especially great when Desmond was tiny. Since he’s exclusively breastfed, for the first few months we got away with this instead of a huge diaper bag.
8. Keter Baby Bath Seat – The Summer Infant Bath Seat was great until Desmond wanted to sit up & play. This ring seat lets him play in the bath & I don’t worry because the suction is strong and safe while he sits up.
9. Ananemone Labels (etsy) – As a kid in school/daycare, labeling things is a must! These are cute & simple. They’re available as sew-on or iron-on.
10. “Welcome, Child of God” board book – Desmond was baptized last month & it’s great to have this lovely book to read him about baptism. He loves the artwork & the words can either be read or sung (the tune is printed on the back).