Happy Wednesday mamas and papas! Today’s real mama, Rachel, is a thoughtful, savvy lady who has put together a great list of favorite products. In addition to great products she has also provided awesome product descriptions which are sure to help y’all with your gear decisions. A big thanks to Rachel and her sweet pea, Em for sharing their favs and if you’d like to share yours, email me – I’d love to have you!
Hi everyone I’m Rachel, I’m a first time mom to my amazing 3 month old daughter Emily (Em). We live just outside of a city in the northeast (brrrr, the cold and snow have arrived) in a single family split level home. I discovered The Wise Baby while trying to decide the best things to register for and it was (and still is) so helpful. I love reading about all the different products and how they work for each mama and baby. Here are the products that have worked fabulously for us!
1) Fisher-Price Rock n’ Play Sleeper – I have seen this on a lot of the Real Moms Favorite Baby Products posts and I am totally on the rock and play sleeper band wagon. Em has been sleeping through the night since about 3 weeks old which was just around the time we switched her into the rock and play sleeper. I think she loves how snug it is and the recline level. I know Graco came out with a version that has multiple incline levels and I am considering getting that one in hopes it will help me transition Emily to sleeping flat (helping that transition to the crib).
2) Joovy Boob Bottles- These bottles are AMAZING, I was so happy when I saw their review on The Wise Baby because I think every mom should know about them. I breastfeed Em and we supplement with formula, we have been doing this since she came home. She has never had any issue going between the bottle and breast feeding. They never leak and they wash super easy.
3) Trumpette socks -Another mom recommended these to me because I had tried 5 other brands of socks and they kept falling of Em’s feet. They are more expensive but absolutely worth it!
4) Britax B-Ready Stroller- I just got this stroller but I am totally in love already. My siblings purchased us the B-Agile travel system for my baby shower and I wanted to love it so bad. I had read a thousand reviews and thought that it would really be the best stroller for us. Unfortunately it just wasn’t a good fit. My husband is just over 6 foot and he was constantly kicking the wheels, we also had issues with the stroller constantly veering to the right or the left. I tried locking the front wheel but that made it nearly impossible to turn which obviously isn’t helpful either. After doing a lot more research I was torn between the Baby Jogger City Select and the Britax B-Ready. Both strollers are single strollers but can be used as a tandem double stroller down the line. I ended up choosing the B-Ready because our B-safe car seat will click right in and I found it for 46% off at Blinq.com.
5) Munchkin Formula Dispenser- These containers are awesome! I pre-scoop Em’s formula into the compartments and then throw it in my diaper bag. I picked up an extra one that goes to daycare with Em, it helps me see how much she is eating at daycare and makes it easy for them to make her a bottle.
6) Infantino Breathe Carrier- My sister in law gave me her Infantino Breathe carrier once Emily was born. She had only used it once with my niece but I wanted to give it a try. When Emily was first born this carrier didn’t work, I felt like she was just too loose in it even though she was a big babe (9 lbs 3 oz). I purchased a K’Tan carrier and really loved it. I was able to keep her close and she was fully supported. Now that she is a little older and bigger I tried the Infantino carrier again and it really is amazing! That is our go to carrier now, she can face me or face out and she loves it either way.
7) Boppy Changing Pad Liners- These changing pad liners are a life saver (okay maybe just a changing pad cover saver). Emily has had her fair share of blowouts and rather than having to just throw out a changing pad cover (that I so thoughtfully chose to go with her nursery) I can wash (or toss) the changing pad liners.
8) Graco Pack ‘N Play with Newborn Napper Elite- I really didn’t want to have a pack and play in my living room but living in a split level it was the most logical thing to do. Em naps in this and it gives us a changing table downstairs so we don’t have to bring her upstairs every time she needs a diaper change.
9) J.P. Lizzy Sandstone Satchel Diaper Bag- I am so in love with my diaper bag. This bag has plenty of pockets but it is easy to find everything I need quickly in it. It also doesn’t scream diaper bag which is a bonus.
Thanks again Rachel! xoxo