You all know I always love Real Mom Wednesday’s but today, I have the pleasure of knowing this real mama and let me tell you she is as sweet as she is wise! Ryan has a great list of products for entertaining and amusing little ones of all ages. What I love about her list is that so many are great for on the go which is always an added bonus! A big thanks to Ryan and Mia for sharing their favorites and if you have favs you’d like to share – please email me! xoxo
Hello ladies! I am a first time mom to a sweet and very sassy 5 month old baby girl, Mia Rosemary. Our family of four (including our furry friend Mally) lives in a suburb outside of a Midwest city. We live in a home that is roughly 1600 square feet, so we are not too tight on space but we definitely don’t have too much space either:) Our Mia is quite the active and engaged baby, so here are my favorite products that we love and have made these first 5 months of motherhood a bit easier!
1) BOB Revolution SE – This is my absolute favorite item right now. The winter was ROUGH for all of us, any chance we get we head outside and walk, walk , walk. I bundle Mia up and use the adapter for her bucket seat. The BOB provides a smooth ride which makes me feel good about going for long walks. I will be running with Mia as well in the BOB once she hits the recommended age of 6 months (one more month!).
2) Little Giraffe Blanket– This blanket is soooo soft and cozy. Mia loves to snuggle up with this blanket. I also love it because even after washing over and over, it is still soft! I say this is my favorite surprise gift we received.
3) Baby Paper– This was a gift from my Mom. Mia loves this toy! She can entertain herself with this Baby paper for hours…well ok maybe just minutes, but Ill take whatever I can get! This is for sure my go-to when I need Mia to be distracted while out at a restaurant or in the car.
4)Evenflo Exersaucer Triple Fun Jungle– My husband and I call this Mia’s workshop! She loves the fun music, lights, and different textures the ExerSaucer provides, also it has helped Mia with leg strength and core strength:)
5) Bright Starts Lots of Links– These were also gifted to us. At first I had no idea what to do with these things, but one day when Mia started to be interested in toys, I whipped these babies out and never looked back. Mia LOVES these! They are bright colors, a fun shape, and easy for her to hold and put into her mouth:)
6)Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes– This little music player plays fun tunes and has pretty lights that flash as well. I love that this is small and can go with us everywhere and Mia can hold it and now can press the button to play the music herself (I think she does this by mistake, but we’ll take it).
7) ITunes play list– This may seem obvious and I am sure you are seeing a theme here, but Mia loves music. Everyday at about 5:30 (our most cranky time of the day) we have a dance party. I made a play list from my music (sans the Drake and other tasteful music I like:) and I put Mia on her back or we dance around the house. Mia will kick and giggle and the hardest time of day becomes the most fun part of our day!
8) Vaseline– when Mia was a new born she had Terrible diaper rash that was really more like little sores. We tried every diaper rash product and method. Our ped told us to use Vaseline and it worked!! We were shocked, now we use it for everything, our favorite phrase “throw some Vaseline on it”, it is so versatile!
Hope you all find this list helpful, especially if you have a playful babe like our Mia!