Happy Wednesday Wise Mama’s! Today, we have a devoted “real moms” reader sharing her favorite products. She picked some great ones that we love and know you will too. Her list is chalked full of great baby and mama gear so enjoy! If you have some favorites to share, we would sure love to have you. These posts are so helpful to all of us mama’s trying to sift through the baby gear options. All of the details to submit can be found, here but you can always email us with questions!
Hi! I’m Sara, mother of a sweet, sensitive and determined 6 month old boy – Grady. I won’t lie, if it wasn’t for Real Mom Favorites I don’t know if we would own half (or more) of the baby products in our home. We currently live in a suburb of Raleigh, NC in a 2300 square foot home. Though space isn’t an issue, my husband isn’t a fan of clutter. We prefer functional items that will last for a while (multiple uses doesn’t hurt either). I racked my brain and our inventory of baby gear to come up with a list of items that haven’t been featured yet or haven’t been featured for a while. I hope you enjoy!
1. Guava Lotus Crib – Best. Play yard. Ever. We travel a lot so I wanted a play yard that was compact and easy to set up. Not only is this one very light, it folds down into a bag that is carry-on size. I also wanted one that would last for a long time and since the mattress sits on the ground, there is no weight limit. We just purchased the Funshade (SPF 50) accessory to use while outside.
2. Kinsa Smart Thermometer – It plugs into your iPhone. Enough said. The app keeps track of all the temperature readings and even notes (like when you last gave a dose of Tylenol). Temperatures can be taken orally, rectally or in the arm pit. You can also set up a profile for every member of your family.
3. Burt’s Bees Bibs – I love these because they are made of soft, organic cotton. They pull on over the head to stay snug on little ones but are large enough to use as your baby gets older. Now that Grady is teething, he practically lives in these.
4. Peggy Li Nameplate Necklace – I love wearing personalized jewelry with my child’s name on it. I saw this necklace on an episode of Hart of Dixie and knew I had to have it. The very modern and affordable design comes in multiple lengths and colors. I wear mine almost daily and have received many compliments.
5. Covered Goods nursing cover – It’s a nursing cover, infinity scarf and infant car seat cover all rolled into one. It is made of a light jersey knit that won’t bother baby while nursing or burn you up in the process. The neck is large enough to have one arm out, or the curved shoulders keep you covered with both arms in. They are affordable and come in a variety of cute prints.
6. LILLEbaby Complete Airflow Baby Carrier – One of the lesser known soft carriers, this one can be used from birth to toddler without having to buy an extra insert. It has multiple carry options including side (hip) and back. We have the mesh version since wearing your child is like strapping a heater to your body. Grady has been in his since he was five days old, allowing me to cook, clean and grocery shop.
7. Babiators – It’s summer time! This means we have to work extra hard to protect our little ones. Babiators are super cute, come in multiple colors and are sized for babies and kids. These are the only sunglasses that will fit Grady’s little noggin. Also available with polarized lens. They make tiny little goggles too!
8. OBaby App – I am a big user of Instagram. I used this app all through my pregnancy to date each bump picture. Now I use it to put cute captions on pictures of Grady. Let’s be honest, most of my Instagram is now devoted to pictures of my little one.